Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Getting some matte black paint on my srt. Just wondering how to care for it? I know no wax but what would I use on it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Most car manufacturers that offer a flat paint option suggest washing the car regularly with a soft mitt or sponge, using a car wash soap which contains no wax, polish, or other “shiny stuff”.

There are specific car washing soaps for vinyl wrapped vehicles, but flat black paint/decals is best to be cleaned with a simple car wash soap. No wax additives etc.

I would suggest washing the entire car that way and then using spray detailer/wax to go over the rest of the actual paint of the car.

Q

·
0 Posts
I am able to recommend anything and everything you would ever need to take care of whatever you need to on a car.

I think Detailers Domain is the local vendor on the forum here and they also carry the Chemical Guys line of products. However, they do not carry their entire line and can be somewhat limited.

Q

·
0 Posts
What name brand products do most of you recommend? Wolfgang, Meguiars, Chemical Guys, Pinnacle, etc...?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Depends on what you want to accomplish. Chemical Guys for the more specific and best results. Meguiars for a quick fix. Chemical Guys is more cost effective if buying by the gallon, however they do sell the majority of their products in a 16oz size as well.
They have specials offered all the time. If you're looking to do something specific for the best results then PM me and I'll offer up some advice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Q

·
0 Posts
In case anyone else is interested in seeing what these products are capable of achieving ....... these are some pics of vehicles I had personally worked on within the detailing part of my shop. Great products make it much easier to achieve great results.

Shade Tree Auto Detailing

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ive had my challenger matte black for ever now. I use Adams Shampoo Wash and thats it. you can use Dawn Dish Soap in a pinch. just make sure you dry the car really good. Don't use any type of wax. Period

1 - 13 of 13 Posts