Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in the rim section but haven't gotten any responses. I'm look at rims for my r/t that are 22x8.5 and +42 offset. These fit the charger, so I'm wondering if they fit my challenger? Thanks:scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I posted in the rim section but haven't gotten any responses. I'm look at rims for my r/t that are 22x8.5 and +42 offset. These fit the charger, so I'm wondering if they fit my challenger? Thanks:scratchhead:
A +42 offset would bring your tire 1" closer to the brakes/suspension components.I would be concerned of this especially in the front.If you give me your current stock wheel and tire size and the tire size you are going to fit the 22" wheels with I can give you a more accurate answer to your question.

Remember,the smaller the positive offset the more the wheel & tire will protrude towards the outside of the wheel well and body of the car.The larger the positive offset the more the wheel & tire will protrude to the inside of the wheel well towards the brakes and suspension components.

Also,with a 22" wheel you will probably have to go with a sidewall height of 35, ie.255/35R22 . 275/35R22 etc. so there won't be any rubbing issues.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my car came with 265/40/20 one the stock 20s. i'd really like to stagger my tires too, with bigger in the rear.

also, the same rims come in 20x10 with +35, and 20x8 with +32. but i still really want the 22s :D

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
my car came with 265/40/20 one the stock 20s. i'd really like to stagger my tires too, with bigger in the rear.

also, the same rims come in 20x10 with +35, and 20x8 with +32. but i still really want the 22s :D
Check out the following Rims'nTires link for sizing.

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

Scroll down to the 'Tools' section on the left side of the page and click on 'Size Comparer'.Enter the wheel,offset & tire size that came with the car at the time of manufacturing on the left.Then enter the same information for the new wheels & tires you plan to install on the right.Scroll down and view the information to identify any fitment issues.

Also,there are other useful sizing calculators under the same 'Tools' heading.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts