Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I used up my old drag radials and it was time for new ones. It's hard to believe that in less than a year I put 110 passes on those old drag radials! The old ones were Nitto NT555R 275/40R20s. The new set are Nitto NT555Rs again, but in 305/35R20. I mounted them on the 20"x10" wheels I used before (with +20mm offset). When I saw how big they were, however, I began to worry about rubbing.

Here's a couple pics of the 305s next to the stock 255s.

It's official, 305mm wide tires are the widest tires that will fit with 10" wide wheels without spacers! There is about half-a-pinky space between the inner fender and the tire near the front. So if anyone is thinking about really wide tires, be cautious. LOL.

I didn't need 305s since my 275s were gripping just fine. But I got them off another ChallengerTalk member for a good price so I grabbed them. We'll see how they do tomorrow, weather permitting of course.

Michael B.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
No worries you should be ok!

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
Mike they'll work just fine I'm running even larger 390/40R17 on 10x17

·
Registered
150 Posts
Any idea on whether those Bogarts will clear brembo's on the SRT? 390!?!?! jeebus....Got any pictures of the back end from a low angle, curious how that looks. Are you running those rears only at the track or are the streetable?

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
Any idea on whether those Bogarts will clear brembo's on the SRT? 390!?!?! jeebus....Got any pictures of the back end from a low angle, curious how that looks. Are you running those rears only at the track or are the streetable?

I am running brembo brakes so yes they will clear just fine waiting for the front runners to arrive :)

I am running them just for the track but they can be run on the street but why waste a good track tire on the street. IMO :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I am running brembo brakes so yes they will clear just fine waiting for the front runners to arrive :)

I am running them just for the track but they can be run on the street but why waste a good track tire on the street. IMO :)
I only use my track tires for racing and driving to and from the track. I got 110 passes out of the first set (could've gone 10-15 more I guess) so not too bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts