Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Big Daddy Don Garlits can’t figure out how to keep the wheels from spinning, that means the electric motors are pumping out some serious power...at least enough to challenge a legend of drag racing.

Garlits sets record in electric dragster

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
It's all about 100% torque instantly. Torque management is what all the e-cars need to master, especially as they keep making hotter motors.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
If Big Daddy Don Garlits can’t figure out how to keep the wheels from spinning, that means the electric motors are pumping out some serious power...at least enough to challenge a legend of drag racing.

Garlits sets record in electric dragster
I don't think anyone questions electric's performance.

But I don't want to sit at a drag event and hear this going down the strip:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I can see it now - peoeple with electric cars are going to be upgrading their audio systems in order to get better "V8 sound" in the future! :)

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,188 Posts
First off, Big Daddy is a badass and the Godfather of drag racing. The guy is just totally awesome. He's done so much for the sport.

Second, electric cars just aren't for me. Sure they're fast and efficient, but like it was stated above, they make no noise, they're quiet, etc. I can't imagine going to Nights Under Fire at Norwalk OH to see nitro funny cars and jet dragsters and then have some super quiet electric car go down the track. Boring.

But unfortunately it's likely the way we're headed in the future. Autonomous driving electric cars...so exciting. :(

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Being an F1 fan, I caught a Formula E race on T.V. a while back. Couldn't stop laughing! Something wrong about quiet race cars. To top it off, when they pit, instead of new tires they switch to a new car because the old one was running out of go-juice LOL

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
You can always record a V8 sound and play it through the car's audio system.
Please.

If I wanted to hear a V8 through speakers, I'll go find V8 sounds on youtube and save myself the admissions cost.

·
Premium Member
10,035 Posts
My son works for Tesla in marketing and has brought many cars home from work. He makes a very nice living from them but feels it isn’t sustainable and it’s more the flavor of the day. He owns three vehicles and says it’s all about the internal combustion engine, plus a hot cam is even better. I can sit and listen to his mustangs exhaust like I’m listening to music.

Clint

Reactions: PaVaSteeler

·
Registered
246 Posts
A hybrid Challenger would be interesting. Small electric motors driving the front wheels helping with stop n go and acceleration while ICE drives the rear and charges the batteries. Pseudo-AWD, better acceleration and grip.

Plus it'll save gas in the city and we'd still have that sweet V8 rumble.

Reactions: SRT8outtaLA

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,861 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts