Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You know, I've had a lot of jobs. Boxer, mascot, astronaut, clown , baby proofer, trucker, hippie, plow driver, food critic, conceptual artist, grease salesman, carnie, mayor, grifter, bodyguard for the mayor, garbage commissioner, mountain climber, farmer, inventor, celebrity assistant, power plant worker, fortune cookie writer, beer baron, Kwik-E Mart clerk & missionary, but I can't figure out if I can easily change the bulbs to make those two center "amber" lights on the front of the Challenger white. Is it as simple as taking them out and replacing them with white bulbs? Or is that illegal to have white turn signals?

Also what is the simplest way to enhance the headlights HID or LED? I was looking for something a little more "plug and play" with little to no splicing....

·
Premium Member
431 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I think JonW went with clear appearance turn signals. might give him a PM

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Your car, your choice, but I really like the amber bulbs. I think that is one hell of a menacing look in the front.

·
Super Moderator
15,524 Posts
By law, all turn signals must be amber. As previously stated, you can buy bulbs to look white while off, but when they are turned on, they will shine amber.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I also put the white off amber on. And it looks Awsome

·
Registered
176 Posts
By law, all turn signals must be amber. As previously stated, you can buy bulbs to look white while off, but when they are turned on, they will shine amber.
Not completely true. A lot of states will allow white in the front.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Maybe I am an idiot, but is it possible to get rid of the center amber lights ?
The chrome bulbs do exactly what you're looking for. They do illuminate less than the standard amber bulbs but legal.

Center amber lights (factory):

Half amber (left) / half chrome bulbs (right):

Half amber / half chrome bulbs (parking lights on):

Total amber delete (nice 70's Challenger touch):

Bulbs (standard amber vs. chrome bulb):

See: Chrome Bulbs Autolumination.com

·
Registered
531 Posts
Very thorough raVenX. Nice pics.

I gotta say that I really prefer the amber personally. I often run them during the day just cause I like them so much.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I love having the daytime running lights enabled.
I've heard about enabling them at the dealer. I just turn my lights on to the first position so the headlights aren't on. Is there a difference when you have them "enabled"?

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I've heard about enabling them at the dealer. I just turn my lights on to the first position so the headlights aren't on. Is there a difference when you have them "enabled"?
I think they're brighter when the DRL's are turned on at the dealer.

I love both looks, now I'm torn LOL!

Jack

·
Registered
684 Posts
Not completely true. A lot of states will allow white in the front.
Would one of these States be the State of Confusion? The only legal options I am aware of are White lens with amber bulb or amber lens with white bulb for the front and the same conditions for the rear except the color would be red.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Would one of these States be the State of Confusion? The only legal options I am aware of are White lens with amber bulb or amber lens with white bulb for the front and the same conditions for the rear except the color would be red.
I believe you are correct; amber in the front and red in the back, however you want to achieve it.

In fact, some states go as far as to enable the cops to ticket you for anything that isn't stock, like the altezza tail lights the rice burners love so much- -

·
Banned
811 Posts
The DRLs are much brighter when enabled, and are the only lights on when the light switch is set to off (or auto and it's light outside). Switch in the first position is the parking lights, not the same thing (and unlawful in some areas to drive with the parking lights on).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts