Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeing posts on here about 2014 Models getting a Shaker option hood. Maybe , automatics coming with 3.92 gears. Some other nice to have things in the 2014's. If the Shaker hood is a new option, maybe I'll order one from Mopar. Hopefully it will be an all metal hood also? I've posted before that I told my dealer I wanted 3.92 gears and he said OK. I am wondering if I'm getting them or not. I'll let you guys know in a few weeks. I also deleted the rear spoiler. I wanted to install my own Go Wing and it may be an option for 2014. Wasn't available when I ordered in early October. I am still waiting for an assigned VIN # so I can possibly track my build. Heard that the VOTS isn't really reliable though.

·
Super Moderator
13,696 Posts
I don't think you'll see a shaker option in a standard Challenger- maybe a Hellcat.

Also, I would be surprised to see 3.91 rear in an automatic because of CAFE standards.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I could see Dodge allowing the 3.92 gears if they ever got the 8 speed Auto in the Challenger,
but not with the A5. don't think MDS would ever be functional at 4000rpm on the highway..
(not that that's a bad thing):worried:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
My 14 RT Classic has 3.92 gears which are standard for the RT Classics. AT least for the Plum Crazy Pearl. My car winds up to 2250 RPMs at 70 MPH.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
My 14 RT Classic has 3.92 gears which are standard for the RT Classics. AT least for the Plum Crazy Pearl. My car winds up to 2250 RPMs at 70 MPH.

they are standard on 6 spd manual transmission, not on Auto cars. my A5 runs about 2000-2100rpms at 60mph with a 3.06 Anti-Spin.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Interesting. Just built a 2014 RT Classic on Dodge site. Choosing polished aluminum classic II wheels gives you 3.92 regardless of transmission choice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
386 Posts
My 2010 PCP R/T 6 sp with 3.92 rear gear is turning 1650 RPM at 70. Hence, 26/27 MPG on the highway.

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
You must have the A5, and at that speed and rpm, your have the 3.06 gears.

·
Super Moderator
15,059 Posts
I don't think you'll see a shaker option in a standard Challenger- maybe a Hellcat.

Also, I would be surprised to see 3.91 rear in an automatic because of CAFE standards.
So far, the only deviation for different hoods, spoilers, graphics have been on the R/T models (except R/T Classic), I expect the same with the Shaker Package.

To date, the only SRT8 'deviation' has been the SRT Core model and that deleted items (fog lights, HID lights, engine badges, standard stripes) that prior versions had as standard equipment. No variations on hoods or spoilers.

Here's the excerpt of Resume Speed's posting of '14 packages:
it appears some of the items offered on the R/T Classic [in bold] are incorporated into the R/T Shaker Package - plus some unique items (in red) for this package that are inclusive.

SHAKER PACKAGE
(R/T, late January 2014)

"SHAKER" DECAL - UNDERHOOD
20X8.0 ALUMINUM WHEELS (WSN)
245/45ZR20 BSW PERF TIRES
3.92 REAR AXLE RATIO
BLACK INSTR. PANEL BEZEL
BODY COLOR/ACCENT COLOR GRILLE
BODY COLOR FUEL FILLER DOOR
BRIGHT PEDALS
CHALLENGER SCRIPT BADGE
DASH PLAQUE
MOPAR BRIGHT PEDAL KIT
MOPAR SHAKER HOOD
MOPAR SHAKER INTAKE
PERFORMANCE STEERING WHEEL
PERFORMANCE STEERING W/VAR DISPLACEMENT
REAR BLACK SPOILER
SHAKER GRAPHICS
SPORT SUSPENSION
ULTRA PREMIUM LEATHER SEATS (this is the SRT seat now in R/T - C)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I'm holding out for a Sublime Hellcat with a Shaker!!!

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Interesting. Just built a 2014 RT Classic on Dodge site. Choosing polished aluminum classic II wheels gives you 3.92 regardless of transmission choice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes it seems that way and that was my mistake when I looked at my sticker on my '12. It says 3.92 but under the A5 option add on it lists 3.06 gears. This is also listed on the '14 build site if you click the info circle next to the A5 option. FYI.

I wonder based on the "shaker package" what intake they will use... Probably the one like cervinis and not like AFR (unfortunately no true intake to throttle body).

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
I am seeing posts on here about 2014 Models getting a Shaker option hood. Maybe , automatics coming with 3.92 gears. Some other nice to have things in the 2014's. If the Shaker hood is a new option, maybe I'll order one from Mopar. Hopefully it will be an all metal hood also? I've posted before that I told my dealer I wanted 3.92 gears and he said OK. I am wondering if I'm getting them or not. I'll let you guys know in a few weeks. I also deleted the rear spoiler. I wanted to install my own Go Wing and it may be an option for 2014. Wasn't available when I ordered in early October. I am still waiting for an assigned VIN # so I can possibly track my build. Heard that the VOTS isn't really reliable though.
My suggestion is to read everything carefully before signing & driving off. Make certain to get everything that's agreed, or don't be afraid to walk away. The dealership will call to make it right. :read:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sounds like the MOPAR 14 Challenger may have a shaker hood. That's the "word on the street"...
As History has taught us before about MOPAR... they show a lot of things at SEMA with Part Numbers that never become accessible.

We know that MOPAR likes talking big about their MOPAR Editions getting all the MOPAR Accessories in "pre-production" and when the Production vehicle comes out it's missing a bunch of parts.

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
As History has taught us before about MOPAR... they show a lot of things at SEMA with Part Numbers that never become accessible.

We know that MOPAR likes talking big about their MOPAR Editions getting all the MOPAR Accessories in "pre-production" and when the Production vehicle comes out it's missing a bunch of parts.
Yep, little things like the 426!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
3.92 m6 vs 3.06 A5

a A5 with a 3.06 will pull harder then a M6 with a 3.92.

Why? Because The A5 has a 3.59 first where as the M6 has a 2.66 first

Multiply it through and the under drive ratio for the A5 with a 3.06 is 10.9, For the A5 with a 3.92 it's 10.4
Putting a 3.92 in a A5 car would be overkill. it is already geared lower then an A6. FYI.
Better to put a 4.11 in the A6. that would put it on par at 10.9.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts