Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rims and tires came in Tuesday. Really like the 70's look this rim has, The 255/45/20 tires fit the rims well... Today was my first day off to install them, the rears went on fine but the fronts hit the brake caliper. Discount Tire Direct said to use a 1/8 inch spacer, Only went around the block but everything seems to be working ok...I'll let you know if there are any problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Love those rims! They just look right on a Challenger.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
What make and model looks a little like boss 338's.?
....the thread title actually is the brand/model of the wheel, "MB Old School":

Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct

The Boss 338's have a "bowed" spoke design which seems popular. ....I'm guessing in order to provide a more "deep dish" look by adding more depth to the rim of the wheel. Personally, I prefer the design of the Old School wheel by comparison.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Looks awesome! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the"likes"... At first I was worried about useing that spacer for the front rims, I keep checking the torqe, everything seems ok.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
How much did the set run you? They look great.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
nice four wheel drive Challenger! hahahahah looks great, bro! but you need you lower that beast a bit to fill in the wheelwells. maybe just an Eibach pro-kit or something.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I noticed that the Old Schools were no longer on Discount Tire's website so I called to ask why. A rep told me that they were dis-continued because the rims were hitting the calipers and the only way to use them would be to use a spacer, so they would'nt sell them anymore. I'm very disappointed because I was seriously thinking of buying a set in chrome. Now I don't know what to do, keep my chrome clads or look somewhere else.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I noticed that the Old Schools were no longer on Discount Tire's website so I called to ask why. A rep told me that they were dis-continued because the rims were hitting the calipers and the only way to use them would be to use a spacer, so they would'nt sell them anymore. I'm very disappointed because I was seriously thinking of buying a set in chrome. Now I don't know what to do, keep my chrome clads or look somewhere else.
So far everything fine, I keep checking the lugs every week. I used a 1/8 spacer and it cleared the calipers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts