Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Windows down = even better

UPDATE:

Today is March 9. Temp rose to 62 degrees. First chance to drive with windows down for an extended period since almost the first day I got the catback installed in late October. I turned-off the tunes and just listened to the exhaust note.

This exhaust is killer. Deep rumble on start-up, idle and part-throttle; lots of angry purr on acceleration; lion's roar on heavy throttle at higher RPM; tons of burble on downshifting and deceleration. Not much bark unless you mash the throttle. No rasp.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
My kit arrived at the front door yesterday. I'm glad your still happy with the kit, hope I am just as satisfied. Still wondering if I made the right decision, I keep listening to these vids and others and pray I don't go thru all this work and $$ for nothing lol.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
My kit arrived at the front door yesterday. I'm glad your still happy with the kit, hope I am just as satisfied. Still wondering if I made the right decision, I keep listening to these vids and others and pray I don't go thru all this work and $$ for nothing lol.
Gotcha, bro. ha

Everyone senses exhaust notes a little differently, but I can't imagine anything about MBRP that would make someone think it was a mistake.

Please chime-in with your own thoughts and opinion once you get the system installed. I bet you'll dig it.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Got mine installed today. Hardest part was removing the pass side factory exhaust, why they made that one long piece instead of two pieces like the drivers side is beyond me. I'm not crazy abot the tips, they should have been staggered like the factory dual tips. I will be looking for replacments, might go with round tips just have to see what I can find. Sounds good so far, no drone whatsoever and not loud at all but just drove about 5 miles and came back home to clean up.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I love the tips but will be looking forward to seeing your final selection.

As for the volume, my very first drive after installing seemed quieter than I was expecting....but over time, and through a lot of different driving scenarios, I think it's perfect.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I love the tips but will be looking forward to seeing your final selection.

As for the volume, my very first drive after installing seemed quieter than I was expecting....but over time, and through a lot of different driving scenarios, I think it's perfect.

Enjoy.
I guess them being single wall tips makes them look cheap to me, plus IMO they need to be staggered since the rear valance curves (bugs the heck out of me). I had the mopar quad tips and they have a rolled edge, the inside is black and they are staggered so it just had a better look.

Good news is I have firgured out an inexpensive way to add my mopar quad tips to the MBRP kit. I will post pics when finished next week :thumbsup:

As far as sound goes....the kit sounds great, kinda quiet inside but my 14yr old son said it sounded great outside which is what I wanted. I had blastin bobs glasspacks on my last challenger and the drone was terrible at 1600-1800rpm so no complaints on the MBRP sound lol.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I had blastin bobs glasspacks on my last challenger and the drone was terrible at 1600-1800rpm
True that. I had the glasspack kit on mine for one week. You literally cannot have a conversation in the car even during normal acceleration between 1,000 and 2,200 RPM. Cruising at any speed I experienced no drone.

I swapped them out for the MF49CE kit with the Magnaflow mufflers and it sounds GREAT!

IMNSHO anyway. :thumbsup:

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
We love our MBRP exhaust but tomorrow I will be taking it off to get the car ready to trade in. It will be for sale then, it's for a 5.7.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Well, the stock exhaust is back on. Butt-Dyno says there is a noticeable difference. Wow, the car is so quiet now, way too quiet. Also put the original air intake on too. So the Mopar CAI and MBRP catback will both be for sale since they won't fit our Scat Pack.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well, the stock exhaust is back on. Butt-Dyno says there is a noticeable difference. Wow, the car is so quiet now, way too quiet. Also put the original air intake on too. So the Mopar CAI and MBRP catback will both be for sale since they won't fit our Scat Pack.
Kinda sad.
But it must be so in order to make room for the new one.

I wonder how much my ride will suffer in value on selling/trade-in time, as I dumped the factory exhaust...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Kinda sad.
But it must be so in order to make room for the new one.

I wonder how much my ride will suffer in value on selling/trade-in time, as I dumped the factory exhaust...
I would say it will not. My dealer actually wanted me to leave the exhaust on but for me it was a good opportunity to get rid of the stock stuff. It sounds like a muscle car when you start it with the MBRP. Stock you can barely tell it's running.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts