Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT
4 Posts
I purchased Magnaflow Quad tips for the MBRP and the part specified in this post from Columbia River Mandel Bending. The issue I am having now is how do I connect the Adapter to the Muffler? Extra-wide Band Clamp? I was considering going to a Muffler shop to see fi they could expand the adapter to fit over the Muffler pipe.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT
4 Posts
I ended up cutting an inch and half off the adapters (should have done 1 Inch), Took them to the local muffler shop and had them expanded. Cut 4 slots with a cut off wheel and clamped them onto the muffler pipe with some 2/12 inch stainless narrow band clamps from Columbia River. Nice and snug looks great. Went with the MagnaFlow Tips to keep everything Stainless.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can't believe this old thread fell under my radar! 2012 R/T Plus, 6spd with STP here. Went with MBRP S7104304 in January of 2013. Get many compliments on the sound. No regrets at all. Love the tips too!

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
There are at least 5 clips on our Facebook page of the results. Many members have done the muffler delete. The group is Scat Pack Shaker Garage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
DJ Hemi:

As a 50+ year old dad in an "upscale" neighborhood I too am wrestling with cat back selection much like you laid out here (2-years ago). Did the family (read wife) complain about the tone and could you have a conversation in the car? The question is were you happy with the MBRP system over time or did it wear on you? Did the wife ask to go in a quieter car? Hope you are still active on this site.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can't believe this old thread fell under my radar! 2012 R/T Plus, 6spd with STP here. Went with MBRP S7104304 in January of 2013. Get many compliments on the sound. No regrets at all. Love the tips too!
You liked the tips? That's good...some say the look a bit cheesy and they did look kind of cheap in terms of material.

·
Registered
669 Posts
DJ Hemi:

As a 50+ year old dad in an "upscale" neighborhood I too am wrestling with cat back selection much like you laid out here (2-years ago). Did the family (read wife) complain about the tone and could you have a conversation in the car? The question is were you happy with the MBRP system over time or did it wear on you? Did the wife ask to go in a quieter car? Hope you are still active on this site.
You liked the tips? That's good...some say the look a bit cheesy and they did look kind of cheap in terms of material.

I too have this system... after 1yr I am still smiling. I feel it is the perfect balance of tone and loudness. Has great old school rumble and really roars under full throttle. Early morning starts sound great then it quiets down pretty good, but it definitely can be heard. In cabin volume is louder than stock, but doesn't get in the way of conversations or music. My original post said NO drone and I still mostly agree with this. I have found though that in 6th gear at around 65-70mph there is 'some' drone. If you bring it to 75mph it goes away. I don't hear drone in gears 1st-5th no matter the rpms.

Check out my review/video:
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f18/mbrp-new-exhaust-329258/

·
Registered
32 Posts
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I like them and they look better in person than in pictures, IMO. Old-school quads tips, heavy duty construction, 304SS (mine anyway). Do the Mopar quads look nicer, maybe...my only complaint on the tips is I wish the trailing edges were polished better. I have sliced open a finger or two when washing them...ouch!

I am still smiling. I feel it is the perfect balance of tone and loudness. Has great old school rumble and really roars under full throttle. Early morning starts sound great then it quiets down pretty good, but it definitely can be heard. In cabin volume is louder than stock, but doesn't get in the way of conversations or music. My original post said NO drone and I still mostly agree with this. I have found though that in 6th gear at around 65-70mph there is 'some' drone. If you bring it to 75mph it goes away. I don't hear drone in gears 1st-5th no matter the rpms...
This has been my experience. When brand new I had some noticeable drone at 2K RPM, but now that they are broken in I really don't notice it, if its there. I have a 6M for what it's worth. My wife and I are in our 50's, and recently took a road trip form Fort wayne, Indiana to Cleveland, MS, then to Memphis, TN and back home. Wife had no complaints and we both enjoyed the trip, no ear shock.

Alos, we live in a middle class neighborhood on a cul-de-sac. No problems with the neighbors, but I enter and exit the neighbor with respect for others and at a very low rate of speed because there are children in the neighborhood, unlike the #$% woman next door who comes an goes down our street at 40+ MPH with her quite SUV, which small kids present in the cul-de-sac.......pretty ridiculous .

·
Registered
669 Posts
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I like them and they look better in person than in pictures, IMO. Old-school quads tips, heavy duty construction, 304SS (mine anyway). Do the Mopar quads look nicer, maybe...my only complaint on the tips is I wish the trailing edges were polished better. I have sliced open a finger or two when washing them...ouch!

This has been my experience. When brand new I had some noticeable drone at 2K RPM, but now that they are broken in I really don't notice it, if its there. I have a 6M for what it's worth. My wife and I are in our 50's, and recently took a road trip form Fort wayne, Indiana to Cleveland, MS, then to Memphis, TN and back home. Wife had no complaints and we both enjoyed the trip, no ear shock.

Alos, we live in a middle class neighborhood on a cul-de-sac. No problems with the neighbors, but I enter and exit the neighbor with respect for others and at a very low rate of speed because there are children in the neighborhood, unlike the #$% woman next door who comes an goes down our street at 40+ MPH with her quite SUV, which small kids present in the cul-de-sac.......pretty ridiculous .
Weird, I too live on a culdesac! I have to agree with the tips... I personally like them and think they are an accurate representation of 'old school', but I can see how others might not like them.

I've also cut my finger while washing back bumper, be careful! Honestly I can't recommend this exhaust enough, especially for the price.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Weird, I too live on a culdesac! I have to agree with the tips... I personally like them and think they are an accurate representation of 'old school', but I can see how others might not like them.

I've also cut my finger while washing back bumper, be careful! Honestly I can't recommend this exhaust enough, especially for the price.

With stainless you can sand, polish and buff the metal like it was aluminum. If I go the MBRP route, it sounds like taking the edge off the tips with a little buffing will reduce the hand lacerations and complete the finish. :smile:

61 - 77 of 77 Posts