Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
There is a thread around here somewhere that has pics of the drone free MBRP. IIRC there are pipes (one on each side) in front of the rear suspension that stick towards the front of the car. The owner did not note any installation issues and said the system was indeed drone free.

If your system does not have these frequency absorbing pipes then you did not get the drone free MBRP system.

Many on here that will say that you should have gone Solo.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I do not have a dog in this situation but I feel for the OP as a fellow Challenger owner who probably worked hard to get the $$$ to purchase this exhaust system….

MBRP has made no secret of their no drone system on this and other boards. Why they have not told all e-tailers and retailers who sell their products the part number is beyond me as is the fact that their website does not show the drone free system. It has been available and hyped for a while now.

E-tailers and retailers who sell MBRP read these boards and should been aware of the drone free system and question the person who places an order for a Challenger MBRP system whether they wanted the old or new system. The OP had no way of knowing if the system he ordered was old or new although if the OP had searched threads then the part number of the new system would have been found.

I think the honorable thing to do here is for MBRP to offer to sell the OP a drone free system at their true cost (OP would need to agree to a non-disclosure of that info) and the seller and MBRP work out paying for half the installation / de-installation charges.

The OP can then offer the system he purchased to a forum member who may want the louder more aggressive system at a discounted price.

Everyone looses a little but no one is left holding the bag.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I can do a discount on the one he wants. I just can't take the used one back.
MBRP can provide a bigger discount. I mean I appreciate greatly what you are suggestion and for you discounting a system down to as low as your cost would be very good if the OP wants the drone free system but, MBRP is the one who has not told you about their updated product offerings and I suspect you have sold a few of their systems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.