Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
697 Posts
Here is the email I just sent this customer. Again, it is an unfortunate situation, but he was sent what he ordered, and don't have a way of taking back a used exhaust. I don't even have the part numbers for the new ones he is talking about...and according to MBRP..they are offered along side the old exhaust, not as a replacement.

I am sorry you are not happy, however there are not really any options to return a used exhaust. You were sent the part# you ordered and you installed it. After searching the forum, I see MBRP does have a no drone system now, but they have not sent us any documentation or part numbers. MBRP does not even have them listed on their own site. The new exhaust did not supersede the old ones, they are sold along side one another. The old style is louder, and the new ones are quieter. Also, there was no false advertising on our part, the old systems all have the correct part numbers and pictures, and are not being advertised as drone free or "new". I could not really even find a competitor selling the new ones to get a part number even. I can understand that you are upset, however it is ultimately the customers responsibility to make sure they are ordering the correct part. You can't really or the part number for the old system, and assume we are gonna send you a completely different part. You are free to contact MBRP, however I contacted my MBRP sales rep and he said basically the same thing. One part did not replace the other..they are sold side by side. No one I know of takes back used exhaust, and we unfortunately cannot eat a $700 used exhaust because of this.

·
Banned
697 Posts
I see that it is offered now. We just never got a product announcement from MBRP and it is not even on their site yet. I did talk to MBRP after the customer emailed us, and they said they have the system, but it is something they offer next to the old ones. The new part number did not replace the old one, and they will both be sold togethor.

I just want to be clear that we in no way led this customer to think he was getting the new drone free system. He ordered the older part number from the website, and that is what he got. Our website and sales make no mention of a drone free exhaust. If the exhaust was not installed, exchanging it would not be an issue..however once you run an exhaust, it's yours. This is not us being strict..every parts seller is like that.

Here a link you might want to look at - it includes the part number and has pics.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f18/2010-challenger-srt8-6sp-mbrp-drone-free-50152/index2.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.