Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the MBRP cat-back installed on my R/T 6-speed.
I am looking for a 1970 Challenger look, but the tips just don't "pop".:(
I have to get right up to the rear of the car before I can see the quad tips.

I wondering if they were chromed, if that would help.
I'm not sure that would help, because the metal is not thick.
Any suggestions??

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
since they came polishes I dont think chrome would help mutch.. kinda unsure what you were looking for there brother.. they have the look and you really wouldnt want the tips to be the highlited portoin of a car. but if you did id hook up with some t/a styled ones in front of the tires

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you really wouldnt want the tips to be the highlited portoin of a car.
I get your point, but my MBRP tips are much more subtle than my stock tips were.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Our tips are built to replicate the 70's style which were not dual wall or 3" tall. While they don't look like the biggest part on the back of the car, the sound makes all the difference. Our bolt on tips have a 2.5" inlet and could be swapped out if you find something you prefer.

Chrome will not change the look of the tips at all, and is not recommended. These are already made of polished T-304 which is more costly than anything you would find chromed. Most times chrome is used over mild steel that is prone to rust. Our tips will never rust.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After viewing some videos of 1970 Challengers, it appears that their tips protrude further than mine do.
Considering the rear curves such that the outside portion of the tips stick out further than the inside portion of the tips. On my car the inside portion of the tips only stick out about 1/4 inch.
Maybe, if I extend the tips out about 1/4 to 1/2 inch further, I will get the 1970 look.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
After viewing some videos of 1970 Challengers, it appears that their tips protrude further than mine do.
Considering the rear curves such that the outside portion of the tips stick out further than the inside portion of the tips. On my car the inside portion of the tips only stick out about 1/4 inch.
Maybe, if I extend the tips out about 1/4 to 1/2 inch further, I will get the 1970 look.
that can easily be done.. with mine i spent an hour making sure they were as level and as flush as possible..

·
Registered
657 Posts
As PlumKrazy said, it is very simple to adjust your tips. They are simply a bolt on slip joint. They can be moved in or out to suit your preference. Hopefully this did the trick for you.

Steve Nairn

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moving them slightly further out is in the plans when I get an oil change.
With the Pedders the car is too low to allow easy access without a lift.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you find out about these before I do.. Let me know

I'm searching for these as well!

·
Registered
657 Posts
If you find out about these before I do.. Let me know

I'm searching for these as well!
Are you looking to order a set of our retro Challenger tips? I can give you part numbers and a place to order if that helps. Shoot me a PM, or give me a call toll free at 1-888-636-7223 ext. 202.

Steve

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are you looking to order a set of our retro Challenger tips? I can give you part numbers and a place to order if that helps. Shoot me a PM, or give me a call toll free at 1-888-636-7223 ext. 202.

Steve
PM Sent ... thanks!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Steve,

I also sent you a PM about your retro tips.

"Are you looking to order a set of our retro Challenger tips? I can give you part numbers and a place to order if that helps. Shoot me a PM, or give me a call toll free at 1-888-636-7223 ext. 202."

Thanks,
Leigh

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Been running these tips on the BlatinBobs Reso-deletes for getting near two years now and love em! Think the part number is T5118, and you have to cut off the bell at the back for the stock tips, but the pipe behind the bell is standard 2.5" pipe. Can't get them set quite as close as I'd like, due to the hanger weld location on the left side, but look SWEET from behind and that's bout the only view others really get to see, hahaha! Two thumbs up for these tips here! :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
Been running these tips on the BlatinBobs Reso-deletes for getting near two years now and love em! Think the part number is T5118, and you have to cut off the bell at the back for the stock tips, but the pipe behind the bell is standard 2.5" pipe. Can't get them set quite as close as I'd like, due to the hanger weld location on the left side, but look SWEET from behind and that's bout the only view others really get to see, hahaha! Two thumbs up for these tips here! :D

Hey we met at the May Plano show (coffee ......), I had the new Blue Streak Pearl there. I will be there for the June show. Does your Blastin Bob's have the glass packs? Mine do and I do see where the hanger could be in the way. I like these tips but yes need to have them fit just right. Post up some pics so people can see how yours fit.

Leigh

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Sweet car y'all have, here's a shot that shows how far they stick out, and mine are straight pipe so I could chop an inch out of the miidle to move em in, but did this BEFORE the Mopar quads came out so may work little better on your setup. This is the only angle they don't look quite as good tho, don't really mind as they still are in from the edge of bumper, and I just plopped some extra HEMI six spd decals I had on da top, whatdahey!;)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sweet car y'all have, here's a shot that shows how far they stick out, and mine are straight pipe so I could chop an inch out of the miidle to move em in, but did this BEFORE the Mopar quads came out so may work little better on your setup. This is the only angle they don't look quite as good tho, don't really mind as they still are in from the edge of bumper, and I just plopped some extra HEMI six spd decals I had on da top, whatdahey!;)
I will check out in June if you are going to be there, maybe take some measurements and make some plans for some custom cutting and welding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts