S! HPD Members, Staff, Friends, and Guests!
Houston Performance Driving is stepping up to the plate this holiday season and will be collecting toys for the kids @ MD Anderson Cancer Treatment Hospital. We the HPD Staff formally ask everyone* and anyone* that reads this forum to please get involved in this toy drive. These kids are fighting everyday to stay strong and focused while receiving their treatments. Someone of these kids are not from Houston and have very little to no family here while at the hospital. These families have stretched their finances to the limits in getting their children the best medical care possible. More than anything these parents want to give them the best Christmas possible. Houston Performance Driving is asking the Import and Domestic forums and clubs to join together for a wonderful cause.
"The only way for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing"I. The Mission:
- It is our goal here at HPD to make the biggest impact possible for these kids at MD Anderson. With your help we can make some very sick kids have a wonderful Christmas, because for the generosity of the people that visit Houston Performance Driving. Together with the other car clubs/forums we can give these kids the support and love they need to continue the fight. With in the goal set forth. We are truly determined to collect and donated more toys then any organization in Houston. Again we ask for for all forums and clubs to support this endeavor!
- In the last 4 years Houston Performance Driving with the help of other auto forums, speed shops, auto clubs, and you the enthusiast. That unity has make this toy drive the largest toy donation to MD Anderson every year for the last 4. This could not be done without the your generosity. - Thank you.
- More importantly, the kids and families of MD Anderson thank you. As well has the hospital staff and volunteers.
II. Night Meet Information:
- When: Saturday December 11th, 2010.
- Where: Frank-N-Stiens Bar & Grill in Katy.
- Time: TBA!
- Address: 233 S. Mason Rd Katy, TX 77450.
- Map: Bing Maps
III. Toy Drop Information:
HPD will have a collection tent in the Frank-N-Stiens parking lot. Please drop off all toy donations with the volunteers. Please pull up to the tent if you have large donations. Or, park and walk up to the collection point and you can give it there. Toy will be loaded onto HPD Trucks where they will be held before making the final trip to the MD Anderson loading docks. This is where the hospital volunteers will receive the donation.
If you are coming in a car club convoy. We would ask that you please drop off at the front so everyone can see your support.
Toys will be excepted by Susan Whitt, head coordinator of volunteer services at MD Anderson.
IV. Event Sponsorship and Event T-Shirt.
- We are looking for sponsor again this year. We are asking for all sponsor to return again this year. Also we are looking for new forums, car clubs, and individuals to become first time sponsors for 2010.
- Q: How can I help sponsor this toy drive? A: It's simple! Pledge to donated 10 or more toys on December 11th. This will get you on the event T-Shirt and listed has an event sponsor for the toy drive.
2009 Sponsor T-Shirt:
2010 Supporting Sponsor for MD Anderson Children's Cancer Center!- Frank -N- Stiens Bar and Grill
- Cemo & Company
- Crown Staffing INC
- Houston Performance Driving.com
V. Coordinator Contact Information:
If you have questions or concerns? Please contact Troy Dixon (xtc4us) @ email [email protected] or directly @ 281-734-8769.
Merry Christmas and thank you for your support of the MD Anderson Children's Cancer Center Toy Drive.
Please come out guys! It's a great way to make new friends, find more enthusiasts and become involved in the Houston car scene as well as help out with a fantastic cause. Please join us in bringing joy and happiness to hundreds of children.