Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my name is Vern and I'm an R/T and forum noob. I'm conducting my own research on reliable shops in MD or NoVA where I can get mods for my '10 R/T.

Specifically, I'm interested in the "show AND the go"...I'm talking all the easy bolt-on stuff (CAI, Resonator delete, cat back etc), but I'm particularly interested in a shop that does good S/C installations. I've never had an S/C installed before, and I'm appropriately cautious about where I take my new ride to get this done--I'd prefer a shop that has experience with the Chally.

For the "show" part of the equation, any references for a good paint/fabrication shop are welcome. I understand that paint/fab shops don't have to be Mopar Specific.

I have some names of shops that I've found through web searches, but since some of you guys have some pretty nice mod lists, I want to cross reference the shop names that get mentioned here with what I was able to find and examine the matches, if any.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Challenge
200 Posts
Good thread. Im in Md too looking for the same. I may know of a place in Waldorf that at least has done some suspension work. Thinking of maybe taking it there for lowering springs when Im ready.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I 3rd the notion. Fairly new RTC owner here too. Also looking for a club or other Challenger owners in the Frederick/Hagerstown area. I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I'm with you guys. I'll be a new RTC owner by the end of the month. Estimated ship date is next Tuesday. I've been asking around about good shops in the area to install lowering springs and a good shop to do the alignment (my idea of area is pretty wide though...like within 75 miles of Arundel Mills). I just want to find a good shop.

CiscoKid, a couple guys on the "Looking for car club" thread (link below) recommend HighHorsePerformance in Smyrna, Delaware. Might be a good place for S/C install. Seems they highly recommend the shop. Might want to PM some of them. I may even take mine there for the lowering springs install because they've done it before on Challengers there.

Daman, if you're looking for a group of Challenger owners, see this thread. I just found it this week. http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f64/looking-car-club-90046/

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a response from user Lucky523 to a pm I sent him asking about Mopar Shops in MD. I asked who installed his ProCharger, that's the work he and his borther in law did. The Delaware recommendation seems to line up with what AmericanMuscleChick found--High Horse Shop seems to be the way to go.

I'm going to look them up and contact them to see about potential S/C work. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

You didn't intrude, and I'm happy to help. I did all the work myself with my brother-in-law, but I can recommend a couple shops for a s/c install and tuning. I had all my custom tuning done by Josh at High Horse Perfomance in Delaware. It is about 1.5 hours from Baltimore, but it is worth the trip. They do a ton of these installs, and their customer service is unbelievable. I also bought my parts from them. The other shop is in Virginia, but I can't remember the name. They are a supporting vendor, and they had a great deal on procharger and install for $6999. That is a great deal. Let me know as you find other projects to do, and I may be able to help you on some of the smaller install items. Like I said, we did all the work ourselves. Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
Reactions: CiscoKid

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man! I thought this thread was dead. While high horse in Delaware comes highly recommended, I will definitely check these guys out... Lorton is much closer. May I ask what they've done for your Challengers?

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
2009 Challenger SRT8 (Limited Edition)

Engine: 6.1L HEMI Forged Low-Compression Short Block
Horsepower: 652 rwhp @ 6,250 rpm
Torque: 635 ft-lbs @ 4,500 rpm
Transmission: 6-speed manual, Tremec TR-6060
Brakes: Brembo
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl

Modifications

Ø Techco 3.0 Liter Twin-Screw Supercharger

Ø Techco Strut Tower Brace

Ø Fore Precision Fuel System

Ø Forged Rotating Assembly: Wiseco Pistons, K-1 Rods and Race Bearings

Ø DiabloSport Custom CMR Tune

Ø High Horse Performance/BES Racing Ported and Polished Heads

Ø High Horse Performance/BES Racing Custom Performance Cam

Ø Hurst Short-Throw Shifter

Ø Kooks Long Tube Headers and High Flow Cats with Ceramic Coating

Ø Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust

Ø Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads

Ø SPEC Super Twin Performance Clutch

Ø Auto Meter Performance Gauges

Ø CCW Chrome SRT Wheels

Ø Mr. Norm's Boost Box

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
2009 Challenger SRT8 (Limited Edition)

Reactions: CiscoKid

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (Special Edition)

Engine: 6.1L HEMI Forged Low-Compression Short Block
Horsepower: 660 rwhp @ 6,590 rpm @ 15 psi boost
Torque: 575 ft-lbs @ 4,750 rpm @ 15 psi boost
Transmission: 6-speed manual, Tremec TR-6060
Brakes: Brembo
Color: Detonator Yellow

Modifications

Ø Kenne Bell 2.8 Liter Twin-Screw Supercharger

Ø Mr. Norm’s Boost Box

Ø Fore Precision Fuel System

Ø Forged Rotating Assembly: Wiseco Pistons, K-1 Rods, and Race Bearings

Ø DiabloSport Custom CMR Tune

Ø High Horse Performance/BES Racing Ported and Polished Heads

Ø High Horse Performance/BES Racing Custom Performance Cam

Ø JBA Long Tube Headers and High Flow Cats with Ceramic Coating

Ø Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust

Ø Suspension: KW Coilovers and Hotchkis Sway Bars

Ø Group 5 Limited T/A Hood

Ø Hawk Performance Brake Pads

Ø Hurst Short-Throw Shifter

Ø SLP Line Lock

Ø SPEC Super Twin Performance Clutch

Ø Auto Meter Performance Gauges

Ø Kenne Bell 148MM Dodge Big Oval DBW Throttle Body

·
Premium Member
17,155 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sick mods. They should have no problem then helping me with my bone stock R/T... Not quite gonna reach 6 hundo at the wheels though. I'll be sure to avoid you on 95 :eek:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I 3rd the notion. Fairly new RTC owner here too. Also looking for a club or other Challenger owners in the Frederick/Hagerstown area. I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

thanks!
I'm 20 minutes down the road from Hagerstown and so far I haven't heard of a Mopar club around here.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I'm 20 minutes down the road from Hagerstown and so far I haven't heard of a Mopar club around here.
Hi Grinch2171,
Have you heard of Maryland Area Mopars? We are a pretty new club. It's only been a month or 2 since we decided to make it a club and slightly more official so that we can have our own shows, etc., but we have almost 40 members already. Everything is still pretty informal. You come to shows when you want and don't come when you don't feel like it. No dues or anything (yet), just hanging out with people that love the car. Check out our Facebook page if you're interested https://www.facebook.com/MarylandAreaMopars. I have a lot of fun, and I think this is an awesome group of people. If you don't have Facebook, I can PM you some info. About 15-20 of us are going to Moparpalooza this Sunday down in VA. Even if you're not registered you could still attend. Hope to see you around.

It all started on this thread...http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f64/looking-car-club-90046/

·
Registered
267 Posts
What direction are you? Im actually in Smithsburg...small town between Hagerstown and Frederick. It's kind of a blessing and a curse that there are not too many Challengers in this area. I like being the few...but not too many to meet with and get ideas.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Daman - I am in Martinsburg, WV. Not too many Challengers around at least that I have seen. I think there is a handful in M-burg, maybe 5 but there might be others that do a lot of garage time.

AmericanMuscleChick - I'm looking for something a tad closer. Nothing against MD but I try to stay out of that state as much as possible lol.

There is a car club in the area but it isn't specific to a particular brand or era. I'd prefer to be around Mopar folks but then again seeing Challengers that are nicer than mine might make me upset since I can't afford to mod the crap out of mine just yet.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Daman - I am in Martinsburg, WV. Not too many Challengers around at least that I have seen. I think there is a handful in M-burg, maybe 5 but there might be others that do a lot of garage time.

AmericanMuscleChick - I'm looking for something a tad closer. Nothing against MD but I try to stay out of that state as much as possible lol.

There is a car club in the area but it isn't specific to a particular brand or era. I'd prefer to be around Mopar folks but then again seeing Challengers that are nicer than mine might make me upset since I can't afford to mod the crap out of mine just yet.
Ok. Idk why for some reason I thought you were looking for a club in MD. Sorry about that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts