Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the ZAuto Tazer installed onto my 2015 Challenger R/T and when I'm in track mode, I noticed that the MDS still activates when I'm at cruising speeds but in Sport Mode, it completely disables the MDS.

Does anyone know a way to disable this for track mode? Maybe I don't have the Tazer settings correct? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,345 Posts
I have the ZAuto Tazer installed onto my 2015 Challenger R/T and when I'm in track mode, I noticed that the MDS still activates when I'm at cruising speeds but in Sport Mode, it completely disables the MDS.

Does anyone know a way to disable this for track mode? Maybe I don't have the Tazer settings correct? Any help would be appreciated.
Is it the ECO light you see illuminating? If so, that’s not tied to MDS. MDS can be disabled and you’ll still see ECO pop up on EVIC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it the ECO light you see illuminating? If so, that’s not tied to MDS. MDS can be disabled and you’ll still see ECO pop up on EVIC.
I'm pretty sure it's not the ECO mode that's enabling.

This is what I'm referring to.

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's not the ECO mode that's enabling.

This is what I'm referring to.
View attachment 999935
yeah, “4 CYL” would seem to indicate MDS...can you feel it/hear it also when it engages?

I can’t imagine it would display the indicator without the behavior, but just to make sure, are there any other signs of activation?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, “4 CYL” would seem to indicate MDS...can you feel it/hear it also when it engages?

I can’t imagine it would display the indicator without the behavior, but just to make sure, are there any other signs of activation?
Definitely. I notice the drone from the exhaust gets much worse whenever MDS activates.

I've searched for other websites to see if anyone else has had the same issue but I cannot find anything - which kind of makes me believe that I may have a setting (on the Tazer I'm assuming) that's enabled that shouldn't be.

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
Definitely. I notice the drone from the exhaust gets much worse whenever MDS activates.

I've searched for other websites to see if anyone else has had the same issue but I cannot find anything - which kind of makes me believe that I may have a setting (on the Tazer I'm assuming) that's enabled that shouldn't be.
I don’t have a Tazer, so I’m unfamiliar with how it disables MDS. If you navigate to that setting now, does the Tazer show the MDS to be disabled (as opposed to just continually showing it enabled regardless of what you do)?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don’t have a Tazer, so I’m unfamiliar with how it disables MDS. If you navigate to that setting now, does the Tazer show the MDS to be disabled (as opposed to just continually showing it enabled regardless of what you do)?
The Tazer doesn't have a specific setting to disable the MDS. It does have settings that adjust the EVIC and drive modes. I'm going to play around with those settings today and see if I can figure out what's going on.

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
The Tazer doesn't have a specific setting to disable the MDS. It does have settings that adjust the EVIC and drive modes. I'm going to play around with those settings today and see if I can figure out what's going on.
Makes sense, MDS is disabled/activated in the PCM tune AFAIK, and the Tazer only makes changes to the TCM/BCM IIRC.

You may need to get a handheld tuner or pay for your tune to be modified to completely disable the MDS.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,265 Posts
In my 2016 SP sport mode disables MDS as does putting the autostick in manual mode. With my Tazer MDS is off in transmission sport and track modes. In Tazer live mode putting the engine in track mode (I do this for full open exhaust flaps) MDS is still active so I push the sport mode button to disable it.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
891 Posts
MDS is still active in Sport on some of the early 2015 cars. I've seen a couple of posts about this before.

·
Registered
9,576 Posts
MDS is still active in Sport on some of the early 2015 cars. I've seen a couple of posts about this before.
Yes, 2015 SRT's are like this.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,265 Posts
Cruel punishment on Dodges part!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 19johned53
1 - 12 of 12 Posts