Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a stupid question, but well, hopefully easy to answer. I was under the impression that the 6-speed manual (on my 2010 R/T) did not have an engine with MDS.

However, multiple salesmen told me that the 6-speed DID have MDS but this seems to conflict with some things I've read. While driving at a very light cruise in higher gears, I almost feel like the engine is flipping over to less cylinders because sometimes if I suddenly gun it after cruising lightly it seems like the engine rumbles a bit.

So what is the true story. Do manual transmissions have MDS or not?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
This is probably a stupid question, but well, hopefully easy to answer. I was under the impression that the 6-speed manual (on my 2010 R/T) did not have an engine with MDS.

However, multiple salesmen told me that the 6-speed DID have MDS but this seems to conflict with some things I've read. While driving at a very light cruise in higher gears, I almost feel like the engine is flipping over to less cylinders because sometimes if I suddenly gun it after cruising lightly it seems like the engine rumbles a bit.

So what is the true story. Do manual transmissions have MDS or not?
No, they do not. MDS is only available on:
- 5.7L w/automatic
- 6.4L w/automatic

It is not on the 5.7L 6spd, the 6.4L 6spd, or the 6.1L at all (neither 6spd nor auto).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts