Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a stupid question, but well, hopefully easy to answer. I was under the impression that the 6-speed manual (on my 2010 R/T) did not have an engine with MDS.

However, multiple salesmen told me that the 6-speed DID have MDS but this seems to conflict with some things I've read. While driving at a very light cruise in higher gears, I almost feel like the engine is flipping over to less cylinders because sometimes if I suddenly gun it after cruising lightly it seems like the engine rumbles a bit.

So what is the true story. Do manual transmissions have MDS or not?

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
No you don't have MDS. Look at your sales code on the build sheet and if you had MDS it would say
EZH 5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
This is probably a stupid question, but well, hopefully easy to answer. I was under the impression that the 6-speed manual (on my 2010 R/T) did not have an engine with MDS.

However, multiple salesmen told me that the 6-speed DID have MDS but this seems to conflict with some things I've read. While driving at a very light cruise in higher gears, I almost feel like the engine is flipping over to less cylinders because sometimes if I suddenly gun it after cruising lightly it seems like the engine rumbles a bit.

So what is the true story. Do manual transmissions have MDS or not?
No, they do not. MDS is only available on:
- 5.7L w/automatic
- 6.4L w/automatic

It is not on the 5.7L 6spd, the 6.4L 6spd, or the 6.1L at all (neither 6spd nor auto).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts