Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a thread a few weeks ago about an issue I have had since having the Magnacharger installed. When cruising at a steady RPM, I would experience a rumbling sound that grew louder until there was a rush of air out the exhaust. It was a buildup and release of pressure. I have the instructions to the Magnacharger install and was confident they installed it correctly. I thought it might be a bypass valve issue.

Last week, Brucks Performance suggested that MDS may have been left active by whomever wrote the tune for the supercharger. (Those of you who profited from my purchase but did not return my desperate phone calls will not be mentioned here). Sure enough, I broke out the Predator, found MDS was active in my tune and turned it off. After 2000 miles of consistent backfires, the problem was solved.

I wonder if MDS was affecting launch times? With stock tires, I have to use a fairly slow throttled launch technique. I suspect that I may have been running on 4 cylinders for up to .5 second or so. Maybe that explains running 13.09 with a supercharger???? My 60 foot was about 2.3 seconds and top speed was around 108 MPH in 4 consecutive runs.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge 1320
98 Posts
I would think MDS would only be active while crusing and not while under any load or idle.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Are you launching in Auto stick? In auto stick the MDS is off. Did you turn the ESP off? If not it will slow the car down on launch. BKIRK ran an 11.79 I believe with his Maggie. PM him he maybe able to help. Drop your stock F1's down to 22# air that may knock a couple tenth off also. Practice, trying power braking to 1500 RPM at launch. Hope this helps. You should easily be in the low 12's or high 11's. Good luck!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you launching in Auto stick? In auto stick the MDS is off. Did you turn the ESP off? If not it will slow the car down on launch. BKIRK ran an 11.79 I believe with his Maggie. PM him he maybe able to help. Drop your stock F1's down to 22# air that may knock a couple tenth off also. Practice, trying power braking to 1500 RPM at launch. Hope this helps. You should easily be in the low 12's or high 11's. Good luck!
I do exactly what you are suggesting - other than a slow 60-ft (2.3 second avg.) I think I am doing everything right.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I do exactly what you are suggesting - other than a slow 60-ft (2.3 second avg.) I think I am doing everything right.

buy some drag radials your 60ft times are horrible not to be a jerk but those are bad you should be in the low 1.80's or lower with all that power ... buy the radials and you will be a happy man sir

1 - 5 of 5 Posts