Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the new muscle car enthusiast magazine with the challenger on the front. Vere nice you need to get one ASAP!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Re: New magazine......

allhemi said:
I just got the new muscle car enthusiast magazine with the challenger on the front. Vere nice you need to get one ASAP!
....and....stop holdin' out brother,....and.....the name is....:D :p

·
Registered
598 Posts

....Thank you DJ...you rule my friend!;) :D :cool: wow it is called the muscle car enthusiasts...sorry allhemi,...I thought you were holdin' out,and teasin' us.:p ;) :D...Just subscribe,...done deal!

·
Registered
492 Posts

Vanishing Point said:
....Thank you DJ...you rule my friend!;) :D :cool:
My pleasure, my friend. It wasn't out yet the last time I picked-up the other six magazines at the bookstore, so I'll be picking it up sometime this week. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

blackarmy said:
boooo it says 2009! booooo!
Damn it!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Vanishing Point said:
....Thank you DJ...you rule my friend!;) :D :cool: wow it is called the muscle car enthusiasts...sorry allhemi,...I thought you were holdin' out,and teasin' us.:p ;) :D...Just subscribe,...done deal!

I would never hold out on you guys!! Just don't have a scanner:mad:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Well, my wife just brought me home a copy of this magazine, so I'll read their article and report back with the 'skinny'. ;) Right off the bat, I see that Todd Werner's 'Musclecar Collection' (now hovering around 60 exquisite examples) is bigger and badder than ever...wow!

Being updated 'live' as I'm reading it...

A not too thinly-disguised version of a reincarnated, Charger-based Challenger due to hit your local Dodge Boys showroom sometime in the Spring of 2008 as an early 2009 model, about 28 months from now.
When looking at the new Charger-based Challenger next to the original, one is struck by just how more massive the new car is. It dwarfs the original, which, in its day, was one of the most macho musclecars on the road.
And don't expect Dodge to wait two years or more to offer a convertible; expect it within 12 months of the coupe's launch for about $4,000 more...
But there's an added twist. Remember that the Magnum is offered with all-wheel-drive as it the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8, the world's fastest SUV. This means that all the hardware is already in place to offer an all-wheel-drive version of the Challenger at a price comparable to the current Grand Cherokee SRT-8.
What the Chrysler Group product planners will be looking at over the next 90 days is if potential buyers...will be willing to part with their hard-earned money to purchase a reborn Challenger.
Our read is that the average Challenger would be priced probably north of the Mustang and south of the GTO, with an SRT-8 on the high end.
If they get an affirmative answer...then we're almost certain that the Challenger will get the green light for production, if it hasn't already.
Nice...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts