Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plans are near finalized for ChallengerFest2. It will be April 30-May 1 2011 in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

This is not a hardcore-racer-only event. Come show your ride off and hang out with fellow Challenger owners.

The event will take place at a drag strip, but no one is obligated to race. Meet up Friday evening/night for some beverages and laughs. Saturday, come watch, hang out or race at the drag strip. Saturday evening, we all go out for food and more beverages. It's all quite fun.

Bring your family -- my wife, 5 year old girl and 1 year old boy will likely be coming. They love hanging out at the drag strip although my wife is not a car person at all. If your better half prefers shopping, she'll have an instant friend.

If you don't want to race, you'll need to pay a small fee to enter the drag strip. If you want to race, you must commit to paying $100.

Please sign-up as a Driver or as a Spectator on the official ChallengerFest2 thread:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/challengerfest-2-crossroads-51038/

I hope to see you there!

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Theres no way I'll be able to make this years either, bummer. I'll be JUST getting back from a trip out to california and then colorado. And I'm flying haha, no room for stopping in ky on the way home.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Toofart, I already told speedy I was going as a spectator but will kick in some extra money if you guys need it to get the track. I didn't tell him my wife was going. Do I need to tell him? By the way we'll both buy the tshirts if you get them made.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Theres no way I'll be able to make this years either, bummer. I'll be JUST getting back from a trip out to california and then colorado. And I'm flying haha, no room for stopping in ky on the way home.
Pack your chute. You've got to be going over not to far from KY.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Oh trust me, if I knew I could afford making a 3rd stop off I'd have one of you guys snag me at the airport and come hang out but I already know theres no way its gonna go down. Anyone wana gimme some winning mega millions numbers? I'll build out everyones car if I win, say a 20k budget sound good? haha...

5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Toofart, I already told speedy I was going as a spectator but will kick in some extra money if you guys need it to get the track. I didn't tell him my wife was going. Do I need to tell him?
I don't think you need to tell him.

Speedy's running the show and doing a great job. I just wanted to start a thread to reach out to the non-drag-racers out there. Everyone is invited, and everyone will feel right at home.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Definitely plan to be there to catch up with some folks from last year and meet some new faces. Hopefully I'll get to make a few passes on the strip this year too. Sounds like it will be another great time!

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
I don't think you need to tell him.

Speedy's running the show and doing a great job. I just wanted to start a thread to reach out to the non-drag-racers out there. Everyone is invited, and everyone will feel right at home.
Thanks, My wifes not big into cars but always say she never sees any Challengers so she wants to see them and see who I spend all my nights with LOL. I can't beleive that non of the real new guys aren't comming. I didn't notice any on the list.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Heck my wife came last year and had fun and knows nothing about cars.

5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
17,000+ members here on ChallengerTalk, and only 30 want to leave the comfort of their couch?

COME ON!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
damn, why cant challengerfest be in Pittsburgh!? .....oh yeah...the weather SUCKS here! :) wish i could attend, but thats a bit of a hike for me!

·
Registered
864 Posts
wooooo!! challengerfest!! cant wait!! yyeeeaaahhh! beer!!!!!!! ranger panties!!!! well go streaking!!! through the quads into the gymnasium!!! Come on everybody lets go!!!

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Why are people scared to leave the house? I am driving almost 800 miles one way for this. Boatman is probably going like 1200. These events are so much fun, you are cheating yourself if you stay at home.

You don't need a supercharger, you don't need an SRT, you don't need to race, you just need to show up and have fun.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
bump.......................

5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1000 miles one-way here. It's not easy, especially if the family comes along since I have 2 small children, but it's quality family time :)

Can't wait to meet everyone.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Why are people scared to leave the house? I am driving almost 800 miles one way for this. Boatman is probably going like 1200. These events are so much fun, you are cheating yourself if you stay at home.

You don't need a supercharger, you don't need an SRT, you don't need to race, you just need to show up and have fun.
i just dont have the time my friend. believe me, i'd love to go!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts