Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Why are people scared to leave the house? I am driving almost 800 miles one way for this. Boatman is probably going like 1200. These events are so much fun, you are cheating yourself if you stay at home.

You don't need a supercharger, you don't need an SRT, you don't need to race, you just need to show up and have fun.
If I bring two SRTs do I have to pay twice? We're bringing our 41' Fleetwood Revolution and one of the vehicles on a 22' car-hauler trailer. I could always have my wife or a friend drive the Ram SRT10 and throw the SRT8 PCP 6-speed on the trailer. So if I were the only driver...?

We have a 5yo girl and a 3yo girl, both make friends VERY easily...

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Speedy is running it, I would say one fee, but it is his show.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
How far is it from the track? We'll be staying near the track, but I want to socialize too...

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
I would guess 10 miles at the most.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
OH labor day weekend huh I'm gonna be in troublllle. First big boating weekend around here. 1475 miles to be exact oh fn well I'm gonna be top dog for the Maggie crowd in case anybody is wondering:bigthumb:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I was bummed I couldn't make last years and I don't think I'm going to make this years :( I'm going to be getting engaged this summer and I just don't have to money to go.

·
Registered
864 Posts
LOL I saw someone else post it and glanced at the calender. Looked closer now Labor day weekend in Mexico. Do they really even work? Oh I'm gonna get it now.
Yeah they work hard...... At sneaking into the U.S.! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
You definitely don't have to run down the track to have a good time. But if you haven't tried it before I recommend giving it a shot. We'll have folks there running anywhere from 10's to 15+ times. It's all fun. I would also recommend you get the wife to make a pass or two. My wife is more into racing than I am. She is very excited to go back.

5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
If anyone is even mildly interested in trying out drag racing, this is the absolutely best occasion. There will be very few people compared to a normal track day, and there will be plenty of time and people on hand to help, so it will be a low-stress way to get initiated.

You don't need anything special to try drag racing. Several members, including myself, will have drag radials that we can lend you for a pass or two if you'd like.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Excellent thread Denis. Thanks for starting this.

The track will just be a small part of the event. The main part of this whole deal is hanging out.

I'd never been down a drag strip in my LIFE until Challengerfest last year. Having friends on hand to show you the ropes make a huge difference if you've never done it before. Try it once, it won't hurt the car AT ALL, and if you like it you'll have all day to play. If not, then you hang out and shoot the breeze and watch folks get silly.

The host hotel I'm trying to get setup is like 4-5 miles from the track and is REALLY nice. They gave us a good rate last year, so I'm hoping they'll do the same for us this time. They have an excellent made to order breakfast you can include with the room as well that includes omlets, bacon, eggs, hash browns, waffles, cereal, etc.

I should know more on the hotel early next week, but watch the main thread for details.

Bottom line, these events are some of the best time you'll have with like minded folks who love cars. Strong friendships are made at these things.

·
Registered
585 Posts
There's a pretty good possibility that i will be able to attend, however things at work are changing in the next week or two and I can't make the commitment yet. I would like to hit the dragstrip, if for no other reason just the fact that I never did it before, but i don't want to embarrass myself either, because i never did it before LOL. Besides, my lowly R/T can't keep up with all these supercharged motors, and even the srt motors for that matter. Let me see what happens at work and I'll try and make the commitment soon.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I hope you can make it out.

I think a lot of people that have never been down the drag strip get the wrong impression.

Unless it's a grudge race or something like that at Challengerfest, you're not actually racing anybody but yourself. You go down the track and try to improve your times each pass.

I'll work with SRT5939 to setup a little race event as part of it, but it will be bracketed so that even the slowest car could still win if they stay within their dial in time. It won't be about the most power what so ever.

We will award something to the fastest car, but that'll be outside any of the bracket events or grudge matches.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts