Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple questions for you detail boys..............on my 17 GT, I had to get my hood & trunk lid repainted awhile back, they said to wait 60 days before putting on any wax..........well today is about 70 days........so I washed it and threw on the Meguiiars, ive used this stuff before, but it was always in the summer.

Washed the car today, was about 40ish when I started, then I threw the Meguiars on, seemed to come off ok, but was wondering would I be better off trying to wax the car in some heated garage if I can find that.

From what ive read, says you shouldn"t put wax on below 55 or so...........its Dec 1 in Wisc now..........im not gonna see 55 until maybe May of 2018.

Rich

Attachments

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Couple questions for you detail boys..............on my 17 GT, I had to get my hood & trunk lid repainted awhile back, they said to wait 60 days before putting on any wax..........well today is about 70 days........so I washed it and threw on the Meguiiars, ive used this stuff before, but it was always in the summer.

Washed the car today, was about 40ish when I started, then I threw the Meguiars on, seemed to come off ok, but was wondering would I be better off trying to wax the car in some heated garage if I can find that.

From what ive read, says you shouldn"t put wax on below 55 or so...........its Dec 1 in Wisc now..........im not gonna see 55 until maybe May of 2018.

Rich
Buy an indoor heater?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy an indoor heater?
Hey Praise, I have one of those "Torpedo" heaters.........ahhhhhhh when your looking at 20 some below zero, its not like that thing is gonna heat up your garage to 70 some. LOL...........maybe I should have asked about when is the lower limit for some of you guys putting wax on the car ok.

Rich

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't think the quality is going to suffer unless its freezing out which would freeze the wax. The temperatures should just affect the length of time you would need to wait before buffing off the excess. I find with those "fast" products that you get what you pay for. They don't seem to last as long as a traditional paste wax method. You might be better off getting a cheap orbital buffer with a yellow foam pad and some liquid(though I prefer paste wax) Meguiars Ultimate Wax and do 2 or 3 coats. And just solely use the orbital buffer to apply wax. They suck for everything else but convenient for applying wax.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Hey Praise, I have one of those "Torpedo" heaters.........ahhhhhhh when your looking at 20 some below zero, its not like that thing is gonna heat up your garage to 70 some. LOL...........maybe I should have asked about when is the lower limit for some of you guys putting wax on the car ok.

Rich
Clearly you need to build a massive pyre.

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
I've always followed the guidelines that the manufacturer recommends. They put the temp range in the instructions for a reason. I figure that something in their formulation won't perform correctly if it applied out of the recommended temp range. What will happen if I do apply it when it's too cold? Don't know as I've never called the manufacturer to ask that question.

When the temps were too cold for me to apply, I've just kept the car clean until Spring hits. It bugs me, but the car has always survived. LOL

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,770 Posts

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
I've been using Liquid Glass forever, and the directions state not to apply below 50 degrees.

Again, I've never tried applying it below that temp, so I can't say what happens. No plans on finding out, as I've always followed the directions with great results.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I apply in my garage what is the coldest temperature I can apply Ultimate fast finish? I am hoping that it will be easier to apply in cold weather than a wax or sealant.
The lowest temperature we recommended is 55 degrees Farhenhit.
Read more at http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forum...ltimate-Fast-Finish/page6#S2Rj0xpSW5YKkYCQ.99

Thanks A Guy............got to say you find everything. LOL

Its supposed to hit 52 tomorrow, so I'm close.............with that temp I can heat the garage up pretty good, but I might just throw on some regular stuff tomorrow, thanks for the replies.

Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts