Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would MOPAR cleaning products be as good as those offered from from Meguires and other such car-cleaning/detailing suppliers? Where is the best place to get them - the my dodge dealer? I can not find many suppliers online.
Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
389 Posts
Haven't used any MOPAR cleaning or polishing products myself - but I've been satisfied with other products and I like being able to run down to the local auto store and get what I want when I need it. Such a great line of products to choose from these days anyway. Although, I did recently try the protectorant by Zaino after a wax job, and that is IMO some awesome stuff. Wipe on, walk away and the finish looks "liquid." I did get a bottle of that on line.

·
Super Moderator
14,135 Posts
I am a big Meguires fan. MOPAR cleaning products are nothing special. They are made by other manufacturers, like Meguires or Mothers.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I also use Meguiar's products
Meguiar's Gold Class Carnuba Plus
Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer
Meguiar's Endurance tire shine

I also like mother's product, haven't tried mopar cleaning products.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I also like mother's product, haven't tried mopar cleaning products.
....like Cuda said, they are just relabeled products (nothing special). Other manufacturers do the same. ….IIRC BMW relabels Wurth/Einszett products (some of which I like and use myself under their true name). To take things to an even further extent, even some car care companies (some would say many) who sell these products will use relabeled formulations (maybe with different scents, minor tweaks, etc.). They don’t formulate or manufacture in-house.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
....like Cuda said, they are just relabeled products (nothing special). Other manufacturers do the same. ….IIRC BMW relabels Wurth/Einszett products (some of which I like and use myself under their true name). To take things to an even further extent, even some car care companies (some would say many) who sell these products will use relabeled formulations (maybe with different scents, minor tweaks, etc.). They don’t formulate or manufacture in-house.
Yeah, I did not know that before I started researching this a week ago after I purchased my Challenger - that is why I went with Meguiars - much easier to obtain, and many more options than Mopar cleaning supplies.

Thanks again guys,
Richard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts