Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2020 Dodge Challenger and I was wanting to know if anyone has experienced melting on the housing of the fog light? I was looking at it today and I just noticed it looks like the plastic has been melted and I’m guessing it’s from the fog light. It’s on both the drivers and passenger.
A0E38203-D55C-429A-84AE-0F67844B7AAB.jpeg
3F3E7539-9DC1-4E63-B055-AEB490045B14.jpeg

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
267 Posts
Hi,

Nothing on my 2020 Scat Pack, are you running stock bulbs?

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Nothing on my 2020 Scat Pack, are you running stock bulbs?

Regards,
Jim
Yes I’m running stock. A guy I know who has a Scat said he don't have this problem either. I wonder if it’s the lights on the 5.7’s.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your car should be under warranty, so I would take it back to the dealer and have them correct your concern.
I mean hopefully. Dealers always pull some bs on why I have to pay for the repairs. I know they’ll say something about wear and tear.

Usually LED's will do that not the Stock Bulbs...
I’m running stock so idk

·
Super Moderator
16,476 Posts
my '16 has similar looking "scuff marks" that are both on the inboard face of the bezel.

Was there from day 1 - its either from the molds or something during assembly / installation.

Since both sides have it and unless I'm inches away, its hardly noticeable and haven't bothered with it

I've had mine for 5 1/4 years, 45k and I installed bulbs that are (same wattage) but 100% brighter than the OEM ones which I did in the first couple of months after delivery.

Its not heat related

·
Registered
287 Posts
If it is a manufacturing issue, it should be covered under warranty. I hear you on the dealer bs.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
22,580 Posts
I don't believe they would ever get hot enough to melt plastic, must less without touching

A Guy

Reactions: 68Coronet

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
10 Posts
Hey guys I have a 2020 Dodge Challenger and I was wanting to know if anyone has experienced melting on the housing of the fog light? I was looking at it today and I just noticed it looks like the plastic has been melted and I’m guessing it’s from the fog light. It’s on both the drivers and passenger.
View attachment 1013920 View attachment 1013921
My car has the same issues. Doesn't bother me though since its hard to notice. Might be cause by the bulb or maybe when the sun hits it a certain angle... im assuming the lens acts like a magnifying glass. Also running stock bulbs will be replacing with led soon.

·
Registered
2019 R/T ScatPack B5 Blue
88 Posts
I have one too but I believe its from a rock or debrus on the freeway hitting it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My car has the same issues. Doesn't bother me though since its hard to notice. Might be cause by the bulb or maybe when the sun hits it a certain angle... im assuming the lens acts like a magnifying glass. Also running stock bulbs will be replacing with led soon.
I was thinking this too!

Are you using them as running lights?
No I don’t usually use them. Like sicc was saying I think it’s a magnifying glass kinda thing.

I have one too but I believe its from a rock or debrus on the freeway hitting it!
I thought at first the same but it looks melted not just scratched. To me it’s too much of a coincidence that it’s on both sides in the same place.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So looking back at the pics I took the day I got the car that I forgot I had at a certain angle you can see they were there already. I can’t believe I never noticed this till 6 months later.

·
Read Only
2019 Challenger R/T Plus Manual
0 Posts
View attachment 1013920 View attachment 1013921
I have a 19’ challenger rt with the same issue. Brand new and it actually came from the factory like this.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I'll have to check my 2018 GT - I leave the fog lights on most of the time, so if the marks are related to the amount of use in any way, I would think that I would have the issue. I'll look at them the next time I head out to the garage....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts