Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member for about a year now, but just finally got around to actually buying one. I traded my '04 ram in on a 2011 R/T classic (used). I got it for 28k with 24.5k miles on the clock and the high side of my trade-in's listed trade value. It's got precisely what I wanted (sunroof, leather, base stereo, TO, HIDs, Classic package rims), and I catch myself just randomly smirking every so often. Then I remember why and it turns into a full on grin.

Here's some Day 1 pictures of it:

I've yet to decide on a gender or a name for it, but I've got some plans. For starters I'm going to move in most of my old audio equipment from the traded in truck. I'm trying to decide if I should make an attempt at a carputer. I'm a junior electrical engineering student and the only thing stopping me on my last vehicle was knowing I'd be trading it within a year. In the mean time, I've got my sights set on a competition quality SQ system. I've got the deck and frontstage amplifier already. Next comes the 3 way components and maybe a beefier substage (2 mid-level 10" subs from the last vehicle ready to install for now). It turns out, the approach angle just ever so narrowly makes my driveway's incline (maybe 1/8" to spare). It means I can spend the money I expected to spend on leveling and repouring the driveway on those speakers in a little while.

I decided going in that I'm okay with the '11s not being tunable (yet). Until someone makes a handheld tuner I'll focus on looks and audio. It took me about 5 drives to figure out how the key fob's different features work. Unlocking the doors was interesting, and the remote start has been a crowd pleaser. How much can a car manufacturer change in 7 years? There's not a single thing familiar from my old truck. I'm sure a lot of people say this going in to a modern challenger purchase, but as of right now, I don't believe I'll ever sell this car. The V8 seems to be a dying breed, and someone's got to tell the grandkids how Detroit was made.

I've been an active forum member at some other dodge related talking forums. I hope to be an active contributor on CT. So hello from the newest owner on Challengertalk!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Great choice in color. I think those hertiage wheels are the best looking on those classic rts.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Nice color !!

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
congratulations!! :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
17,041 Posts
Congratulations! :)

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Congratulations! Great looking car!

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Welcome & Get use to grinning!

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's the exact color and r/t stripes i wanted...but when i ordered the 2013 the didn't have it...so i got the radar red interior, all black with red r/t stripes...don't know much about cars but i'm hoping to learn from you folks

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the exact color and r/t stripes i wanted...but when i ordered the 2013 the didn't have it...so i got the radar red interior, all black with red r/t stripes...don't know much about cars but i'm hoping to learn from you folks

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Well welcome to you too williamskb85. I think Toxic Orange was a 2011 only color, and a mid-year introduction to boot. Black by itself isn't my thing, but black with red stripes is nice looking. You can make black look really good with accents, and the radar red interior probably goes a long way to making that happen. There's a lot to be learned about modern cars, and plenty of resources to do it with.

The way I started (about 6-7 years ago) was by focusing in on something that bothered me and just really digging into it. I'd figure out everything about how that one thing worked, then how the system next in line worked, and so on. I ended up back in college pursuing an engineering degree and it all started with a crappy subwoofer from a previous owner not working right. In time I moved on to suspensions when the guy at a quicklube told me I needed a new ball joint, then differentials, transmissions, and the engine itself. A car is just a tin package for a plethora of subsystems all working together so all you have to do is turn a wheel and mash a pedal.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Toxic Orange looks great with black stripes, congrats on the new R/T.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
11 Participants
doltuku
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing