Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently have been experiencing problems with the membrane trunk button on my challenger. The button does not unlock the trunk at all, and while both the trunk button inside the car and on the keyfob itself works, I still rather use the membrane as I don't always have the ability to get the key from my pocket. I checked in the manual but I didn't see any fuse that would link to this. This IS only a guess, but I think it may be an electrical related problem. Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
This IS only a guess, but I think it may be an electrical related problem. Anybody have any suggestions?
Don't think it is an electrical problem. Sounds like bad gasoline. ;)

Serious response now. I'd suggest the switch has failed, it happens. The middle rear light section comes off and the switch is right there. It looks fairly straightforward to replace if you are not scared of wires and stuff. I only know this as I did my own sequential light kit install and when you install that you have to cut the wire to door switch and join it to the sequential kit.

Maybe now is the time for you to buy a sequential kit (it comes with full instructions that even an idiot could follow, and you'll also get access to the switch under that membrane so you can check it or replace it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't think it is an electrical problem. Sounds like bad gasoline. ;)

Serious response now. I'd suggest the switch has failed, it happens. The middle rear light section comes off and the switch is right there. It looks fairly straightforward to replace if you are not scared of wires and stuff. I only know this as I did my own sequential light kit install and when you install that you have to cut the wire to door switch and join it to the sequential kit.

Maybe now is the time for you to buy a sequential kit (it comes with full instructions that even an idiot could follow, and you'll also get access to the switch under that membrane so you can check it or replace it.
Hmm, sounds like a plan to me! I guess I'll have to wait a while before I can get to it but I have been considering the sequential kit, killing to birds with one stone makes it even more considerable to me too. Thanks! :bigthumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts