Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed a new moroso catch can about 5-600 miles ago and was checking on how its working.
it seemed to be doing its job with a mil. or 2 of oil in it but i noticed some very small shiny metal particles in the bottom
with the oil and thinking its prbly from the threads of the new can and screen that i've screwed off and on a few times before installing.
i'm just worried now that some may have got ingested into the engine
should i be concerned?

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Dump it, clean it, and watch it carefully. That's all you can do. However, I'm thinking that nothing that is on the bottom of a catch can will get into the intake. Gravity is your friend.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
i installed a new moroso catch can about 5-600 miles ago and was checking on how its working.
it seemed to be doing its job with a mil. or 2 of oil in it but i noticed some very small shiny metal particles in the bottom
with the oil and thinking its prbly from the threads of the new can and screen that i've screwed off and on a few times before installing.
i'm just worried now that some may have got ingested into the engine
should i be concerned?
How many miles? How many oil changes unless not pretty new? If you haven't I would change the oil too. I know that is normal when new, tiny particles. Good luck!

·
Registered
324 Posts
That might be metal shavings coming off from screwing and un-screwing the bottom of the catch can. Mine did that before I installed it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i installed the can a few days after i did my first oil change (3300 km (i'm in canada) or about 2000 mi.) on my new car (17 scat pack shaker)
yes, i believe the particles are coming off the threads on the new can like you guys say.
i guess i should have changed the can first before the oil
hopefully all the particles are being trapped in the can
i really dont want to do another oil change if it's not neccesary after driving a few hundred miles,
thanks for your comments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
i installed the can a few days after i did my first oil change (3300 km (i'm in canada) or about 2000 mi.) on my new car (17 scat pack shaker)
yes, i believe the particles are coming off the threads on the new can like you guys say.
i really dont want to do another oil change if it's not neccesary after driving a few hundred miles,

Well it didn't come from the engine. Not to worry.
I can't see how metal falls up and went through the tube.......really don't worry. You caught it pretty quick. As they say, keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Well it didn't come from the engine. Not to worry.
I can't see how metal falls up and went through the tube.......really don't worry. You caught it pretty quick. As they say, keep an eye on it.

Mine did that too, it's catch Can material. No worries friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Mine did that too, it's catch Can material. No worries friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ya i'm positve its from the new can material also,
but was just concerned if any was making its way back into engine
and if it would cause problems
hopefully gravity and the oil will keep it in place inside the can.
i'm just a worry wart kinda guy haha
our family is just leaving for camping right now
so i won't be on this site for a few days
everyone have a good week end
love this forum:smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts