Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for engine builders: If methanol can be had for $100 bucks a drum,why can't we run that in street cars ? :smokin:MOPARS RULE!!!Wolffy:smokin:

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is this that stupid of a question? I mean I know Methanol isn't readily available at gas stations, I was just wondering how the motor is built differently.:scratchhead:MOPARS RULE!!!Wolffy:scratchhead:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Well lets see if this helps, first we just bought a drum and it was 145.00 for this car.
009.jpg

010.jpg

It takes twice as much or more to run your car. You would need a drum to go where a tank would go before. Its not to bad to change a race car over to meth. but a car like ours It would be just about impossible. I do hope this helps alittle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
^^^ what he said not to mention the upgrades you would need to the fuel system to keep it from disintegrating, the injectors for N/A would be large. At best you can go to E85 as I have. That said if the car were a track only car it could be very interesting.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
You can run methanol and water mix to increase your octane rating to allow changing timing for increased performance. I paid $ 155 for a 55 gallon drum and mixed it 50% with water so I had 110 gallons for $ 210 or $ 1.91/gal.

The mixture is sprayed into my intake controlled by a Snow or LaBonte system.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
^^^ pretty sure the op is talking about running it as fuel...not running water/meth injection

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, thanks, finally some replies, I didn't think about that it burns up twice as fast.:smokin:MOPARS RULE!!!Wolffy:smokin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts