Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for engine builders: If methanol can be had for $100 bucks a drum,why can't we run that in street cars ? :smokin:MOPARS RULE!!!Wolffy:smokin:

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is this that stupid of a question? I mean I know Methanol isn't readily available at gas stations, I was just wondering how the motor is built differently.:scratchhead:MOPARS RULE!!!Wolffy:scratchhead:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Well lets see if this helps, first we just bought a drum and it was 145.00 for this car.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Classic

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Classic

It takes twice as much or more to run your car. You would need a drum to go where a tank would go before. Its not to bad to change a race car over to meth. but a car like ours It would be just about impossible. I do hope this helps alittle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
^^^ what he said not to mention the upgrades you would need to the fuel system to keep it from disintegrating, the injectors for N/A would be large. At best you can go to E85 as I have. That said if the car were a track only car it could be very interesting.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
You can run methanol and water mix to increase your octane rating to allow changing timing for increased performance. I paid $ 155 for a 55 gallon drum and mixed it 50% with water so I had 110 gallons for $ 210 or $ 1.91/gal.

The mixture is sprayed into my intake controlled by a Snow or LaBonte system.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
^^^ pretty sure the op is talking about running it as fuel...not running water/meth injection

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, thanks, finally some replies, I didn't think about that it burns up twice as fast.:smokin:MOPARS RULE!!!Wolffy:smokin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts