Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Intro: So like many of us I wanted a little more sound out of my 2016 Challenger 392 A8 (completely stock, 29k miles).
In my opinion, Dodge nailed the sound of the OEM exhaust on these Scat Packs.
Before I dive into the impressions of this MFER kit, first I would like to point out my factory exhaust is equipped with the OE long cylindrical mufflers (same as 2016 Hellcats).
I have found that some other Scat Pack Challengers are equipped with the turbo style (wider case) mufflers. I'm not sure how much these muffler differences affect sound, but it's worth noting (see photo attached).

Impression: So with that out of the way, I chose to purchase the MFER extreme kit because I wanted more volume out of the OE exhaust system, without changing tone. I also like the way the Extreme kit covers the factory spring from weather etc.
The MFER extreme kit is well packaged and put together nicely. I installed it in about an hour using blue Loctite as recommended (really took my time). Upon initial startup (bone-cold) sound was as expected, valves open for 30 seconds or so. At the point valves typically close, I noticed the exhaust sound tone was similar, not much difference there. Revving in park from idle to 4k was louder (like sport mode). First test drive I noticed a deep bassy tone ( minor drone) from idle to 1800 rpm while slowly rolling through the gears. This doesn't bother me but may bother some that have drone sensitivity. In reflection, the AES valves do an excellent job at negating this drone at 1800 rpm and under, (but I wanted more sound so here we are). The above 3k rpm sound (moderate to heavy acceleration) is the EXACT sound as being in Sport mode. The only difference the MFER kit provides is a true bassy muscle car sound UNDER 3K rpm. I really like the sound and won't be uninstalling the kit. I hope this helps anyone on the fence about purchasing this kit.
Floor Cable Wire Fuel line Pipe

1 - 1 of 1 Posts