Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
So, at one point my kid was building a "foyota" a toyota truck with a flat bed and ford running gear and a 429.
He had it all put together and thank god he never got it running!
Not enough room in the frame for the exhaust and I think a girl came on the scene, but he had the running gear,engine and tranny all put together and thank god(and i am not religious!)He gave up.

·
Registered
968 Posts
My friend put a Pontiac 400 into a lifted 1985 Toyota pickup truck. Imagine the shock when he roasted the tires while locked in 4WD.

I'm no Miata fan but I smile whenever I see oddball builds like this one.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Geez! My 'other' car is a '13 black Mazda Mx-5 Club. I kinda like it just the way it is, but if I could wave a magic wand and put another, oh, 30-40 HP out the rear end I'd probably like it more! 707 HP would be a little much, but I'd like to drive that one..........once................the Mailman

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
When is a Challenger not a Challenger?

Maybe when it is one of these... >:)

·
Super Moderator
12,551 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I already built the first known running/ driving modern Hemi powered Javelin and I am in the planning stages of making a Hellcat powered 77 AMX. I built my Javelin almost 10 years ago with a 2004 Dodge Ram drivetrain and all the electronics. It is still my daily driver to this day even though I just bought a 2019 widebody. I already sold off the healthy 401 I was running to make room for a complete Hellcat drivetrain. I just need to find a wrecked Hellcat but the project is delayed since I now have a car payment I didn't have for well over 10 ears. There are a lot of Hellcat drivetrain swaps already on YouTube but when I built my Javelin I was on my own for info.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Wth.....I mean damn at least stick it in another muscle car not a fart can. Oh well...definitely different.
That'd be my choice too, for my own car and my money spent. No way I'd build something this near useless......but as a build that obviously does actually drive.... this is way more impressive and interesting to look at in a video.

It's one of those truly INSANE builds that makes you smile and even talk about more often.

No way to really make sense of it and that's what makes it both so very cool and more interesting to check out than the far more expected 60s Era Road Runner or early 70s Barracuda build.

Go to a car show and see this along side a '70 Cuda build with a Hell Cat motor.......when you talk about the show later or remember what you saw there a year from now........it's not going to be the show where you saw a '70 Cuda with the Hell Cat motor.....it's gonna be remembered as the show where you saw that insane Miata with the hell Cat engine and trans shoe horned in between the fenders.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
That'd be my choice too, for my own car and my money spent. No way I'd build something this near useless......but as a build that obviously does actually drive.... this is way more impressive and interesting to look at in a video.

It's one of those truly INSANE builds that makes you smile and even talk about more often.

No way to really make sense of it and that's what makes it both so very cool and more interesting to check out than the far more expected 60s Era Road Runner or early 70s Barracuda build.

Go to a car show and see this along side a '70 Cuda build with a Hell Cat motor.......when you talk about the show later or remember what you saw there a year from now........it's not going to be the show where you saw a '70 Cuda with the Hell Cat motor.....it's gonna be remembered as the show where you saw that insane Miata with the hell Cat engine and trans shoe horned in between the fenders.

Actually for me, I would remember the Cuda with the Hell Crate engine. I am into old cars, especially muscle cars. I don't care if I see a Miata with a rocket engine installed, I still will gravitate toward something old and cool..with character. Only reason why I have a new Challenger is because Dodge did the best with the retro design.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Actually for me, I would remember the Cuda with the Hell Crate engine. I am into old cars, especially muscle cars. I don't care if I see a Miata with a rocket engine installed, I still will gravitate toward something old and cool..with character. Only reason why I have a new Challenger is because Dodge did the best with the retro design.
That's where we are different I guess.

Honestly? I'm old enough to remember when early 70s era Barracudas were everywhere in traffic and when I was a senior in high-school in 1977/78 our student parking lot was load up with lots of the old Mopar, Chevy and Ford muscle and pony cars. We had no idea that the used cars we were buying CHEAP would one day be this popular.

But for me it boils down to seeing another one today, regardless of what is under the hood is always a pleasant reminder of my youth and earliest years of driving...... how-ever it's not exactly anything "new" or something that really "wow's" me.

I'm always going to be more amazed at the things people build I've never seen before or they make me say, "wow" that's crazy.

An old Barracuda with the hell cat motor.......like you that's the car I'd sooner build too for my own personal use and ownership but it isn't even in the same conversation when asked to describe the most amazing or most unexpected thing I've ever seen.

A Hell Cat motor in an old Dodge is EXACTLY what I expect to see with a motor swap that involves the Hell Cat crate motor. The Miata with it shoe-horned in and it actually works and drives......that's CRAZY and what will make me take notice even though I personally have little to no interest in owning it much less build one for myself.

It's always been this way in my opinion.

I still remember VIVIDLY the first time I saw a Chevy V8 in the back seat of a '66 Chevy Corvair, at car show, just about 40 years ago. I'd be hard pressed to describe any other car I saw that particular day. There were lot's of other cars there but that's the one that made me take notice and the only reason I remember that particular show vs many others over the years that I've completely forgotten because nothing out of the ordinary was seen at them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
14 Participants
TA 392 YJ
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing