Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 R/T PLUS Billet Silver Metallic
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to pull the intake manifold to check out the MDS solenoids after I got a P3440 code (cyl # 7 MDS).....I found the insulation chewed off both # 7 solenoid wires causing them to short out triggering the CEL,,,,,further inspection revealed other wires under the manifold had the insulation chewed off as well !!!! they even chewed away at the sound deadening high density foam block that sits on the valley,,,,,,after doing a temporary fix with liquid electrical tape & shrink tubing until I can order a harness,,,I did some research and found that wires in newer cars are using soy based products for insulation,,,Honda and Toyota even had lawsuits because of this !!!! I also found they sell rodent-proof tape on Amazon ,,,,so be careful where you park,or you could have to rewire your car !!!! IMG_20190827_135022.jpg IMG_20190827_133919.jpg IMG_20190827_135043.jpg

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,308 Posts
There was a post here from a member mentioned something about the either the insulation or the lube used to extrude the wires is derived from a peanut extract. If true...that's just plain nuts!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yeah I plan to mouse trap the shit out of my storage locker when I store mine for the winter.

Reactions: dan harleyrench

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,017 Posts
Reactions: dan harleyrench

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,308 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts