Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger Scatpack Torred
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

As stated above. I'm looking to buy Michelin Pilot 4S 275/30R20 for my 2016 Challenger Scat Pack. Therefore it'll be on a 9 inch rim. Will this work okay.

Many have reassured me that the width is perfectly fine on a 9 inch, but I'm unsure about the profile (30)?

Can someone please confirm this? I'll still have stock front tires 245/45R20.

All help is much appreciated. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
357 Posts
Yes they will work fine but why go with a 30 profile? Your speedo will read faster than you are actually going and will create a larger gap from fender to tire. 275/40/20 are the same size to the stock 245/45/20.

I have 9" wheels with 275/40/20 on them on the rear. I should of went with that all around.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because
Yes they will work fine but why go with a 30 profile? Your speedo will read faster than you are actually going and will create a larger gap from fender to tire. 275/40/20 are the same size to the stock 245/45/20.

I have 9" wheels with 275/40/20 on them on the rear. I should of went with that all around.
Your absolutely right. But I'm getting a pair of basically new tires for 300 Canadian from a friend. Lol.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Because

Your absolutely right. But I'm getting a pair of basically new tires for 300 Canadian from a friend. Lol.
Thats a good deal as its only $218 US dollars. Tough to turn down as those are expensive tires and 1 new one cost more than that. They will fit just fine though. Speedo will be fine as well since you are still using the stock front size.

·
Registered
105 Posts
275/30-20 will NOT work. The 275/40-20 has a similar diameter as you stock tires, 28.7 inches. The 275/30 has a diameter of 26.5 inches. Way too short. Will look funky and ride like shit. Not to mention problems with ABS and traction control.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can change the tire size using my Tazer. It allows me to change my TPMS and tire psi settings.

Do you still think this will be a challenge?

·
Super Moderator
15,552 Posts
you want the 275/40 aspect ratio.

With a 30 aspect ratio - potholes are a major risk. There's so little sidewall that you'll either bend or crack wheels and at the minimum have a sidewall failure

and the ride will be - awful. Scat Packs ride firm with the OEM 245 /45 or 275/ 40 to begin with.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I can change the tire size using my Tazer. It allows me to change my TPMS and tire psi settings.

Do you still think this will be a challenge?
As for TPMS, ive no idea and dont know why it would be a problem as its measuring air pressure.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you don't care about the rides, looks and handles like shit go ahead a save a couple of hundred bucks. You've been told by a couple of people that its a really bad idea. Your choice.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I bought based on the first few reports already. I'll be the tester I guess. I'll report back on issues I experience. Sometimes you just have to be the guinea pig.

It's way cheaper than a couple hundred by the way. I checked online for this size with all my retailers, runs about 550 after tax on each tire. So I saved about $800 Canadian.

Thanks anyways guys.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Didn't realize you purchased already. Wow, those prices are crazy. They are about 400 ea in the states. Anyway the good news is since they are going on the back, if you don't like em very much you can have fun doing extra burnouts and drifting a little :) . Just be carefull

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Didn't realize you purchased already. Wow, those prices are crazy. They are about 400 ea in the states. Anyway the good news is since they are going on the back, if you don't like em very much you can have fun doing extra burnouts and drifting a little :) . Just be carefull
Hahahaha 💯.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yeah they are expensive. All Michelin tires are. I have Nitto Motivos on mine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I guess you gotta pay to plaly:). I have two sets of wheels so I am going to get the Firestone Indy 500's for most of the year and the Conti DWS06 for the winter months. The rears don't seem to last too long on the Scat Pack for some reason.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've paid for a winter beater. It's cheaper than the depreciation and damage the Scat would take is more. Also I'd feel guilty driving my baby in the winter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts