Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased a quad of 255/45ZR20 Michelin's for my 2016 RT, and I'm now thinking about going with a quad of Vision Legend 5 wheels. I can go with either 20x8.5 or 20x9.5 wheels. Looking at my equipment sheet, it reads both 8" and 9" wheels. Does this mean the front wheels are 8" and the rear wheels are 9"? If yes, should I go with 8.5" Vision wheels on the the front and 9.5" at the rear? What would be the maximum offset +/-?

What would you guys do?

The more I look at them, I think 18" wheels look better than 20".

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I tend to prefer the smaller wheels and larger-sidewall tires myself. Better wheel protection, more "old school" look, better ride comfort, etc.... I think it's just a personal preference. Although at this point, it's too late in the game to change your mind, right? I mean you already bought 20" tires, right?

·
Super Moderator
15,437 Posts
For a 255/45-20 tire, an 8.5 inch wide wheel will work. However, a 9 inch or 9.5 inch wide wheel would be ideal.

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tend to prefer the smaller wheels and larger-sidewall tires myself. Better wheel protection, more "old school" look, better ride comfort, etc.... I think it's just a personal preference. Although at this point, it's too late in the game to change your mind, right? I mean you already bought 20" tires, right?
Yeah, they're sitting my garage. I could always sell them, but you know what a circus show CL is... If I can find a set of wheels in 20" that I like as much, I'll stick with the 4S tires. My main concern is finding a set of rims that will work with the 255 tires, in terms of wheel width and off-set. A guy a Discount Tire said I'd need a +10 off-set, which I'll assume is correct? Why wouldn't I want a zero off-set? As far as specs, the 255 is too far from a 245. Oh, man... my head hurts!

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For a 255/45-20 tire, an 8.5 inch wide wheel will work. However, a 9 inch or 9.5 inch wide wheel would be ideal.

Discount Tire said; "...a 9.5 wheel would be too wide." Seems to me I've read that others have made the switch with no issues.

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the wheels I would like to mount. US Mags makes one that looks a bit cooler, but those don't come in a 2-tone scheme.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,309 Posts
I prefer 18"s for taller side walls smoother ride imho, if your using wider Tires better add Mud Flaps to keep from slinging stuff on the Quarters and Fenders.
Finally when using off sets make sure they clear your Rotors , Wheel Wells etc.,

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I prefer 18"s for taller side walls smoother ride imho, if you Wider better add Mud Flaps to keep from slinging stuff on the Quarters and Fenders.
Finally when using off sets make sure they clear your Rotors , Wheel Wells etc.,
Thanks! I'm trying to find out the offset and rear clearance of my stock RT wheels. I figure that if I use the same size wheels, I'll have no issues.

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Screw-it! I stick with the stock wheels.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,697 Posts
Looking at my equipment sheet, it reads both 8" and 9" wheels.
On the build sheet, the Optional Equipment wheels would be what you have. Can you post a screen shot of the 2 sizes shown, or the build sheet for us to see?

A Guy

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On the build sheet, the Optional Equipment wheels would be what you have. Can you post a screen shot of the 2 sizes shown, or the build sheet for us to see?

A Guy
I see it now... 20X8 black painted wheels.

Reactions: A Guy
1 - 11 of 11 Posts