Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys hopefully you can help. I have a 2013 srt8. I wanna stay with the 245 45 20 on the front, what are my optional sizes to go wider on the the rear with the super sports? Also how will being wider on the rear affect the cars
Over all handleing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
these stock ( stock is 255 / 45 20 on the rear )
Ratings, reviews and specifications for Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires

next size wider is a 285 but the side wall is only a 35 and it pretty short.. you will have alot of gap in the fender

then a 295 is next.. again 35 side wall will have a lot of fender gap.. specially if you stay with a 245 45 up front

i wanted supersports. but do to the goofy sizes they carry and the outragous price i went with toyo troxies t1sports.. havn't tried them yet but they look really nice and great pricing.
i went 275 / 40/2 rear and 245/45/20 front

take in mind MOST SHOPS won't put anything wider than a 275 on a 9 inch rim which is what the srt size rims are

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Hi guys hopefully you can help. I have a 2013 srt8. I wanna stay with the 245 45 20 on the front, what are my optional sizes to go wider on the the rear with the super sports? Also how will being wider on the rear affect the cars
Over all handleing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
I just put on BF Goodrich g-Force Sport Comp-2 (275/40-20) on the rear, they fit nicely on the SRT 9 inch rims and the cost is approximately 200ea from Discount Tire. However there is some gap between the tire and fender so I am thinking lowering springs or coilcovers next.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
The factory Goodyear's were worn out at 8,000 miles. They had poor grip as compared to the BF Goodrich. Now much less spin and better pick up. Handles very nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts