Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Eagle Rs-a didnt last long and were garbage in my opinion. The guy as the tire store mentioned the primacy mxv4 so I got them. They are a lot smoother than the rs-a and the traction is a lot better. I can corner really well in them.

I think i got the H-rated tires by mistake rather than the V-rated. With the eagle rs-a on, I did 140 and my car would cut off. Since these may be H rated, would my car cut off at 130 now?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Got those tires on my wife's volvo, I thought they were more of a sedan tire than a performance model. I love the Michelin brand and think they make some of the best tires on the market.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
I think i got the H-rated tires by mistake rather than the V-rated. With the eagle rs-a on, I did 140 and my car would cut off. Since these may be H rated, would my car cut off at 130 now?

No, the speed limiter has no idea what tires you've installed. The R/T comes from the factory limited to 142.5 mph. So if you buy tires below that limit, you could exceed the speed limit for the tires.

What size Michelins are these? if they're 245-20s they are V speed rated per the chart at Tire Rack.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, the speed limiter has no idea what tires you've installed. The R/T comes from the factory limited to 142.5 mph. So if you buy tires below that limit, you could exceed the speed limit for the tires.

What size Michelins are these? if they're 245-20s they are V speed rated per the chart at Tire Rack.
245/45 the 20 inch r/t

·
Registered
239 Posts
The H speed rating on your tire is guaranteed to remain stable and composed at speed (if that makes since) to 130mph, this doesnt mean you can't go beyond that speed, it is more of a recommended speed limit against prolonged excessive speed i.e. top speed. the tire you choose will be safe against blow outs etc...enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts