Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on my new Mickey Thompson street radial 11 today. 305-35-20 with 10 and half inch street comp rims. They just clear had to work the inner fender well in a bit but so far no rubbing. These tires have a twelve and a half inch tread width and from the little I drove it today seem to really hook. Rims had a plus 24 offset

·
Registered
883 Posts
Ya I need pics!! I just ordered a set of the Nitto street drags in same size but going to put them on stock 9 inch wheel. I think the Nitto's run pretty narrow. I'd like to see how yours looks. I have NT05's and they are worthless with 545 rwhp!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Havent got the pics yet or drove it in the rain just got them on a couple days ago. What size nittos were you going to run? Had 275 40 20 nitto 555r on stock rims before . The extra width now plus the softer rubber compound seem to hook much better but time will tell.

·
Registered
628 Posts
What kind of work did you do to the inner wheel well? Tried to fit my 315's today and they rubbed, haven't had time to mess with it yet, may just be the plastic...not sure. It's just one little spot on both sides.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think you got your answer on another thread but I used the heat gun and rubber mallet to flatten the inner plastic fender wells at 9.00 and 3.00 oclock. No pictures of wheel tire combo yet car is now at Davenport in Calgary for new tune this week.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I think you got your answer on another thread but I used the heat gun and rubber mallet to flatten the inner plastic fender wells at 9.00 and 3.00 oclock. No pictures of wheel tire combo yet car is now at Davenport in Calgary for new tune this week.
I did get a good how to on another thread, used the same method on mine today and the 315's are on and zero rubbing, thank you for your advice as well. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics, these Invo's grab a hell of a lot better than my last set of all weather 295's but I will definitely be getting the MT's next.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts