Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CHALLENGER SRT 392
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to take it back to mechanic that did the delete but anyone have this issue? Starts up and idles at 1500 instead of 500. Let me know thanks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Are you talking about only during cold start up? Or all the time? My RT idles high every cold start up at around 1500rpm. After a minute or 2 of warming up the rpms drop. 500 rpm is too low. Every car idles high during cold start up. When fully warm it’s around 750-850rpm.

·
Registered
2017 CHALLENGER SRT 392
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you talking about only during cold start up? Or all the time? My RT idles high every cold start up at around 1500rpm. After a minute or 2 of warming up the rpms drop. 500 rpm is too low. Every car idles high during cold start up. When fully warm it’s around 750-850rpm.
Ok good I got scared maybe just sounds louder with the delete so notice it now. But yes after not driving it for a few hours or if driving a short distance then restarting. Thanks I feel better now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ok good I got scared maybe just sounds louder with the delete so notice it now. But yes after not driving it for a few hours or if driving a short distance then restarting. Thanks I feel better now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problem. I did a resonator delete and instead of removing the mufflers I installed super 10 Flowmasters. I noticed the car sometimes feels different when driving and running. But same thing. More noticeable because it’s louder and your set on it now. Plus there is less back pressure too. So could effect very little with rpms. So you have nothing to worry about. Enjoy it. Muffler shop did nothing wrong.

·
Registered
2017 CHALLENGER SRT 392
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem. I did a resonator delete and instead of removing the mufflers I installed super 10 Flowmasters. I noticed the car sometimes feels different when driving and running. But same thing. More noticeable because it’s louder and your set on it now. Plus there is less back pressure too. So could effect very little with rpms. So you have nothing to worry about. Enjoy it. Muffler shop did nothing wrong.
How you like that? I was thinking about doing that if I didn’t like the sound of the delete but so far no complaints on the sound pretty sure just saved on a custom exhaust system lol. My Durango R/T got the Corsa system even though the challenger is a 6.4 think the delete sounds way better.

·
Registered
192 Posts
How you like that? I was thinking about doing that if I didn’t like the sound of the delete but so far no complaints on the sound pretty sure just saved on a custom exhaust system lol. My Durango R/T got the Corsa system even though the challenger is a 6.4 think the delete sounds way better.
I love the sound. Not too much drone. I was considering the muffler delete only, because it’s really loud. And I like it loud. I just wanted something that had a little more deep tone and rumble more than some cracks and pops. It took me months until I decided to go this way and I love it. Cruising it’s nice and mellow , but in sport mode and the active exhaust open it’s bad ass. I think I’m going to buy the valve simulators to keep the valves open all the time. I just like it loud. I wanted to buy a full bolt on system but can’t see spending over 1k for a system right now. Definitely not as cheap as my mustang exhaust I bought. Lol. There’s tons of vids on youtube with my setup. Just do a search. It I’m glad you like it. That’s all that matters. Enjoy it. 👍🏻

·
Registered
2017 CHALLENGER SRT 392
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the sound. Not too much drone. I was considering the muffler delete only, because it’s really loud. And I like it loud. I just wanted something that had a little more deep tone and rumble more than some cracks and pops. It took me months until I decided to go this way and I love it. Cruising it’s nice and mellow , but in sport mode and the active exhaust open it’s bad ass. I think I’m going to buy the valve simulators to keep the valves open all the time. I just like it loud. I wanted to buy a full bolt on system but can’t see spending over 1k for a system right now. Definitely not as cheap as my mustang exhaust I bought. Lol. There’s tons of vids on youtube with my setup. Just do a search. It I’m glad you like it. That’s all that matters. Enjoy it. 👍🏻
Been watching all the videos lol that’s why I know exactly what your talking about. I’m starting to slack at work lol cause keep looking for shit to order online for the car. I’ll give it a bit more but will prob be going with your set up eventually. Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
2018 TA 392 M6; F8 Green
136 Posts
I’m the 2nd owner of my car and my 392 came with muffler AND resonator (aka midi) delete. About as loud as you’d want and still be legal. It idles fast at start-up and since it is parked in a garage it is very loud for about 30 seconds. Then it kicks down to normal by the time I get it backed out.

·
Registered
2017 CHALLENGER SRT 392
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m the 2nd owner of my car and it came with muffler AND resonator (aka midi) delete. About as loud as you’d want and still be legal. It idles fast at start (I have a 392) and since it is parked in a garage it is very loud at for about 30 seconds. Then it kicks down to normal by the time I get it backed out.
Ty other gentleman already made me breathe easy lol I was freaking out cause if I put in drive then back park it went away very good to know would look dumb at the shop complaining lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts