Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did mid muffler delete this past weekend on my 2019 Scat pack. Attempted to do a burnout and it’s as if the car can’t generate enough power to the wheels to burnout or do a donut. Idk what’s going on. When driving I don’t feel like I lost anything but when trying to do a burnout which the car used to do easily it won’t do it now. Any info?

·
Registered
438 Posts
How loud is it? How bad is highway drone?

I have no idea what you broke though, lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On cold start it’s super loud. Barely any drone and you still can’t really tell a difference from inside the cabin. Very raspy and deep

·
Registered
438 Posts
Track Mode should be adequate - even in these All Seasons that the dealer mistakenly gave me, I can burn out and donut.

How many miles you have on car?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Very raspy and deep
It can't be both. Either one or the other but I've heard the mid muffler delete and it's very raspy. Deep? No not at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 challenger r/t did mid muffler delete on and and now between 35 and 40 rpm it tuned into a Honda sound then again when the car is going at 80 what could it be

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have a 2019 challenger r/t did mid muffler delete on and and now between 35 and 40 rpm it tuned into a Honda sound then again when the car is going at 80 what could it be
Seriously? What did you think was going to happen after deleting the mufflers?

·
Registered
193 Posts
You lost torque. You have no back pressure. Your going to need to add something back into the exhaust. Back pressure is important for torque. What you did should help top end some but the sacrifice is what youve got now. Ive seen this on a few cars. Ford,chevy dodge and imports. You probably increased pipe diameter when you did the delete. Run smaller diameter tubing

·
Registered
734 Posts
I dunno, I did a delete on my 2019 and I don’t have any issues, but I’m not doing burnouts or donuts in my car either. But I have no issues barking the tires with the slightest amount of gas on sport or track. I put Dynomax mini bullets in place of the mid mufflers though and mine is not raspy at all, sounds great.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Exactly you put in mini bullets. Still makes back pressure. When it comes to exhaust tube length,diameter,collector merge even the turns are important. Its the reason mandrel bends are better over regular bends. Pipe doesnt change diameter.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts