Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Its not a myth and easily proven to you. Go out to your car, drop the exhaust from the manifold,fire it up and drive it. Bottom end torque will be gone. Top end will improve slightly. Just takes a little work on your end to prove to you that it does matter.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thats the problem. I do. More then youll ever know. Ive build headers,studied of what happens. Reason why i know tube size,diameter and length matter.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ahh yes, opinions are like ********,everyones got one. Ive studied exhaust more then youll know. Build headers for race cars from nothing but a plate bolted to a head. Hell studied collecters in a flow bench to see what designs work best. Just go out and pull your exhaust. Youll see then

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Physics are not an opinion, dropping an entire exhaust is not akin to replacing a muffler, and you can claim whatever you like. You're still wrong.

Have someone read these posts out loud to you if the text is too difficult.

Maybe you mean scavenging and just have difficulty separating the concepts?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Im actually building a set of headers for a Mitsubishi starion with 347 ci motor. Getting 2" tubes that are 37" long. Run them into a sequential slip ccollector. Usually charge 1500/1800 to build headers. How many you built?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
So, complete deflection then?

I've build zero headers.

FWIW, put a 4g63 in the Starion and run an open dump out of the hood/fender like a proper import instead of dragging knuckles with the 347.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Shows how little you actually know. The 347 is a stroker. Big bore /short stroke sbc to turn 9500 rpm's dry sump. Actually sprint car engine retuned for the drag strip. I know exhaust. Its part of how i feed my family. Your the one who says back pressure is a myth, drop your exhaust= no more back pressure. Youll be just like the fool who started this thread and in the same boat

·
Registered
543 Posts
Its not a myth and easily proven to you. Go out to your car, drop the exhaust from the manifold,fire it up and drive it. Bottom end torque will be gone. Top end will improve slightly. Just takes a little work on your end to prove to you that it does matter.
It's a myth. Dropping your whole exhaust is not the same thing as cutting out the mufflers.
Ahh yes, opinions are like ****,everyones got one. Ive studied exhaust more then youll know. Build headers for race cars from nothing but a plate bolted to a head. Hell studied collecters in a flow bench to see what designs work best. Just go out and pull your exhaust. Youll see then
And you're still wrong.
Im actually building a set of headers for a Mitsubishi starion with 347 ci motor. Getting 2" tubes that are 37" long. Run them into a sequential slip ccollector. Usually charge 1500/1800 to build headers. How many you built?
You're building collectors and yet can't even spell them correctly. Not impressed. And you're a train that has gone off it's rails. How the heck do headers for a Mitsubishi compare to cutting out a set of mufflers?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I build full cars. Most race cars and high performance street cars. From the ground up. A car is a whole package not just one piece. It all starts on knowing what you want the car to do. Then the car is built to do exactly that. You pull the resinators off the exhaust and increase the tube size without making the rest of the proper changes will kill the torque on the bottom end. Seen it, had to fix it and laugh when its done cause guys think they can do things and get no repercussions from it. Then they scratch theyre head trying to figure out why the car wont even do a burn out. Just like the thread starter did.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks. That video just proves my point. Pay attention to what he says at the 10min mark. Below 3200 he lost hp and torque. Open headers improved the top end but lost torque

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
I am so sick and tired of posting all the mathematical and all the damn pages that show you want exit velocity Scavenging effect because exhaust travels in pulses. You don't want any kind of restriction i e back pressure. You need to tune your exhaust to your cubic inch and your RPMs.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Most of you have mild street cars. They require torque to move the car. Motors like that with the cam specs would require a 3500 stall. 410 or 4.56 gears. The average stall most run is 1800/2000. It takes a whole package to makea car work. Kill one component and car performance suffers. Add the right parts to the whole thing and it will drastically improve.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts