Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2019 challenger scatpack and i love the deep stock exhaust sound. Would a mid muffler delete ruin the deep sound? And would deleting the mid mufflers affect the power of the car?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Here is the car stock

Here it is with mid muffler delete

I would recommend a good set of headphone when you listen.

Im glad I did it.

Just FYI there are plastic fuel lines under the car that can melt and catch fire if the person removing the mid mufflers is not aware and careful!!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mid muffler delete with nothing else added in their place makes it quite a bit louder and more raspy, but won't really change the tone. There is a good video of my car with stock exhaust and a Hellcat with the mid delete side by side on Youtube here. Should help show the difference.

https://youtu.be/_baH-pZFR1I?t=480

Personally, I think installing a set of Vibrant or Flowmaster bullets in their place creates a better overall sound than just removing the mids altogether.

·
Registered
494 Posts
If you like it then why touch it? Getting rid of the mid mufflers will make the car sound like shiit.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
I prefer the Dynomax mini bullets over the pure delete.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the dynomax mini bullets have a drone? And would it keep a deep sound as stock when replacing mid mufflers?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I went with the Vibrant 1794s over the mini bullets or delete. But that was partly because I'm also catless

·
Registered
380 Posts
all volume, no tone, I'll pass, but as long as those that do it are happy........

·
Registered
177 Posts
Dynomax 24250 unless you want it to sound raspy.
I have a set still waiting for install and a set of Blastinbob glass pack resonators.

I had to but them on hold since California got retarded about exhaust at the beginning of the year.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I've got a 2017 SRT and I've wondered why two mufflers in each side? Being an OLD guy, I would tend to modify with one Thrush glaspack in each side, but not knowing why they have the two I don't know the best way to do this. What are your comments??
Thanks,
BOB

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've got a 2017 SRT and I've wondered why two mufflers in each side? Being an OLD guy, I would tend to modify with one Thrush glaspack in each side, but not knowing why they have the two I don't know the best way to do this. What are your comments??
Thanks,
BOB
There are only TWO mufflers on your car and TWO resonators. This has been discussed hundreds of times already. The search button will answer all your questions.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Removing the stock suitcases changes the tone and loudness. I went with the smallest Bullets (3.5''). They're louder and sound better/deeper under normal driving/load than stock. They are louder and sound worse under hard acceleration - raspy. Overall it's a keeper for me, but give-n'-take for the money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts