Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is an opportunity to drive across the country to a fun weekend of racing and hanging out in Bowling Green, KY.

Here is the plan so far.

Meet in Council Bluffs, IA at Quaker Steak and Lube, 3220 Mid America Drive, Council Bluffs, IA 51501, around 4 pm Thursday April 28th.

We will be driving through Kansas City around 6:30 or 7:00, we can meet anywhere along the route if anyone wants to tag along.

We should be rolling into St. Louis around 10:00 to 10:30 and staying there Thursday night.

Days Inn St. Louis - Lindbergh Boulevard
3654 S Lindbergh Blvd
I-44 Exit 277B
St. Louis, MO 63127 US Maps & Directions

Phone: 314-821-3000
Fax: 314-821-1890
http://www.daysinn.c...search-Days_Inn

Helen Fitzgeralds http://www.helenfitz...ds.us/Home.aspx

Leaving St. Louis around 8 am on Friday.

Plan is to be in Bowling Green around lunchtime Friday or close to that.

Who is in?

Omaha
Goehner
alb440
BPAG

KC
bmsardou

St. Louis
Mark-KTM-200EXC
70Stroker
09plym
MOHEMI
mauls

·
Registered
336 Posts
I could leave St. Louis on Fri morning around 8:00am. I have to get my daughter on the bus!

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Goehner, I am doing my best to make this journey. I will hopefully have confirmed and paypal'd Speedy and reserved the hotel by end of next week - then I can fully commit to this caravan. Any ideas as to where you would like to stay in STL?

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good Todd. I don't know St. Louis very well, Mark may have a suggestion to be somewhere near his side of town if we wait until 8 am to leave.

How far is it from there?

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Sounds good Todd. I don't know St. Louis very well, Mark may have a suggestion to be somewhere near his side of town if we wait until 8 am to leave.

i posted this elsewhere, as well, but its approx. 4-5 hours from STL to Bowling Green contigent on how we drive and if we stop or not. i fly out of STL and stay over night pretty often. i discourage us from staying downtown because that will be a pain in the a$$ and parking might suck. the hilton airport is in an okay location, has inclusive parking that always work okay for me, and is reasonably priced. also, it has a nice bar/restaurant that was just refinished. there is a hooters 15-20 mins away, if i recall correctly (if we get in late / others have driven alllll day, obviously that may not be ideal)

·
Registered
336 Posts
I live about 20 miles south outside of St. Louis. It would be really easy to continue the journey from here.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update,

Leaving Omaha at 4 pm, should be in St. Louis around 10 pm or so.

Days Inn St. Louis - Lindbergh Boulevard
3654 S Lindbergh Blvd
I-44 Exit 277B
St. Louis, MO 63127 US Maps & Directions

Phone: 314-821-3000
Fax: 314-821-1890
http://www.daysinn.c...search-Days_Inn

Helen Fitzgeralds http://www.helenfitz...ds.us/Home.aspx

Leaving St. Louis around 8 am on Friday.

Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts

push on through St Louis down I 64 to O'Fallon IL. you can get off on either exit 14 or 16. It's about 20 miles from St Louis. Lots of motels and eats. If I can't make the trip I might at least make it to the motel to say hey.

woops never mind...should have read the whole thread

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
push on through St Louis down I 64 to O'Fallon IL. you can get off on either exit 14 or 16. It's about 20 miles from St Louis. Lots of motels and eats. If I can't make the trip I might at least make it to the motel to say hey.

woops never mind...should have read the whole thread
Why don't you come with us? Weekend of Challengers, beer, and fun.

Don't need to race, just bring your car and meet others who have a common interest.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Why don't you come with us? Weekend of Challengers, beer, and fun.

Don't need to race, just bring your car and meet others who have a common interest.
my wife has a Chapel commitment out of town the same dates so I will be taking care of my daughter that weekend...just bad timing is all. :(

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that sucks, gonna be a blast.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
The Midwest caravan appears to be arriving in STL on THU night and departing FRI morning. We are from South side STL, too, and plan to link up with Mark on FRI morning by I-55 North.
Keep this thread posted if anything changes. :bigthumb:

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will do, the more the merrier.

·
Banned
675 Posts
I've been seriously thinking about going! could you all pick up a young buck in KC?

Need to read up on the details and make sure I don't work that weekend.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You need to go mauls, it will be a blast.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Heck ya then i can see the stripe I sold you on a car. Besides I heard the first one there in a white car is buying all the drinks!!

·
Banned
675 Posts
Heck ya then i can see the stripe I sold you on a car. Besides I heard the first one there in a white car is buying all the drinks!!
Hell yeah! I haven't put the stripe on yet, waiting for it to warm up a little bit!

btw I have a black car, so I don't have to buy drinks :)

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You are hilarious. Hemiwoman and Notsure will surely beat me.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I am in contact with Mark-KTM-200EXC

I am definitely interested in this trip, sounds like fun! It would be cool cruising in a pack of Challengers all the way to Bowling Green. Not 100% sure we will be able to make it due to business, but I am hopeful.

Thanks for letting us know!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts