Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i might be trading my 2012 r/t classic for a 16 srt. the srt looks like everything i would pick if i actually ordered the car myself. hopefully saturday i can go check it out. its plum crazy 6 speed. anything i should look for on the srts? ive been reading about the srts to see whatd different over the r/t aswell. any advise would be great thanks.

im really curious to how much faster it is compared to my slightly modded r/t6 speed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think you’ll like the 392.

I’d just look at general condition. They are a good setup. Suspension is different as well. Not too well versed on the newer suspension setup though so I’ll let someone else chime in.

I’d also look for anything non-stock. To me that actually would depreciate the value a little bit depending on what it is. A clean stock SRT to me is worth more. But not true for everyone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think you’ll like the 392.

I’d just look at general condition. They are a good setup. Suspension is different as well. Not too well versed on the newer suspension setup though so I’ll let someone else chime in.

I’d also look for anything non-stock. To me that actually would depreciate the value a little bit depending on what it is. A clean stock SRT to me is worth more. But not true for everyone.
I just bought a new leftover 2016 srt 392. Amazing amazing car. Do it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Another perspective... Keep your R/T Classic. Those pre-'15 Classics are cool cars and always looked better than the SRT8s of that era. Your car is probably paid off or close to it which is huge as well. I wish I had kept my '13 Hemi Orange R/T Plus with the classic side stripes several trades ago... I would be close to paying it off and that dash and front fascia are arguably better looking on the '11-'14 cars. Yes the Scat Packs are fantastic cars and the '15 updates are great, but there is just something about the older R/T Classics. Keep it and mod it I say!

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
If it's what you want do it. The SRT392 is a great car and plum crazy is a great color it's what I wanted and couldn't find so I went with pitch black. I would advise you to look the car over thoroughly for dents,dings imperfections of any kind as I have many that went unnoticed at time of purchase. Also the maintenance costs will be higher like 1k front rotors each and the adjustable shocks but it is what it is I guess you pay for what you want. If your just looking to get into a 392 car the Scat Packs are a good option and now you can get one for a really good price. I just saw a video on yt I think it was titled how to save 7k on a Scat Pack it was posted by some finance guy, really good info might help with negotiations either way hope this helps and best of luck. The video on yt is posted by Hemi Fire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts