Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a UConnect 8.4 RA4 with navigation from someone from here that sells them.
Someone I am friends with via Instagram recently purchased his through infotainment.

We both have the base 2015 SXTs. The other day he posted a picture with the performance pages on the 8.4 screen that were unlocked via the tazer. Everything works properly.

With me however, I am not able to unlock the performance pages on my screen. Eventually I came to the conclusion of what might be the issue, there are two different versions.

The RA4 VP4 comes in an NA (US) version and a CA (Canada) version. The NA versions apparently are able to have the performance pages unlocked via the tazer. The CA versions are not. At least that?s what I think I?ve seen from forums from Canada users wanting to add the NA versions for UConnect.

I have the RA4 (VP4 CA) and he has the RA4 (VP4 NA).

Can anyone else who has the RA4 NA version and the tazer able to confirm if they are able to unlock the performance pages?

Cross posting this to the challenger subreddit as well.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,849 Posts
Were do you find the info on the unit to determine if it is NA or CA? I did a vin look up and engineering screen on my '15 and I could not determine which one I had. I thought all radios with NAV came preloaded with US and CND maps so either can be applied depending on where the car was sold.

According to the link below there are only 3 radio version for the 8.4AN radio:

RA4
RA3N
RA3

https://www.infotainment.com/collec...dge-challenger-gps-navigation-8-4an-ra4-radio

Found another link which talks about different radios (2017 based). Most of the content is on how to activate NAV but posting the info as the QA page has some interesting info.

https://www.dealers-mopar.com/download/misc/uconnect-nav-guide-1231.pdf

I can only get performance pages to load once after I delete all my info, and after a while it disappears. I have deactivated my account but never called Uconnect to completely remove it which is why I probably have this issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts