Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there has not been any salt go down yet in my area i'm still driving the Challenger as much as possible. Well, now i'm noticing it's gettin hard to get it into 3rd gear. Upshifting from 2nd to 3rd, there's a slight "gronk" noise and feels like a hang up in the shifter! But, on the other hand, downshifting from 4rth to 3rd is perfectly fine!?!? I just had to deal with a syncro issue with 4rth gear that took 3 weeks to fix, now it feel like the same problem kreeping up just not as severe (yet) with 3rd gear. A buddy of mine with a 2010 6-speed ss camero said GM had a big recall on the Tremec tranny's for a syncro problem, his car just missed the recall, but he didn't know if Chrysler had the same issues/recall or not. So i don't know if i'm worry about now or wait till spring, i won't be driving it much over the harsher winter months. Frustrating, just glad it's under warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
You might as well get it fixed when you won't be driving it instead of waiting untill you want to drive it and it be at the shop. Like I told you when they were trying to fix it last time, I'ld try to get another tranny even if it's a factory rebuilt rather than to let them keep guessing what to do. Good luck!
Rick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts