Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reoiled my K&N filter last night and thought maybe I had used too much oil. I oiled two filters, one for my truck and one for my car, and used a bout 3/4 of a can. I let it set overnight and there was a big puddle at the bottom of the one that goes in the challenger, so I'm pretty sure I used too much oil. My question is did enough drain out of it or should I wash it and start over? The bad thing is I have to take my car on about a 3 hour trip today and if I have to rewash my filter I'll have to put the stock airbox back in it.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Don't know the answer specifically, but when I had my GTO and belonged to that forum, I believe I read that too much oil could cause the car to generate an error code. Something with oil and the throttle body.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know the answer specifically, but when I had my GTO and belonged to that forum, I believe I read that too much oil could cause the car to generate an error code. Something with oil and the throttle body.
The error code it causes in some cars is from the oil covering the MAF sensor. I just don't want all that oil dirtying up my throttle body. I layed two napkins under it last night and it soaked them both and still some was on the table. A lot drained out I'm just hoping there still isn't too much in it.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
The HIMI tech at the dealership said that oil can cause all kind of strainge throttle body problems and they can refuse to cover them under warranty. This was after I had the Mopar CAI so he wasn't saying it to sale anything of get out of covering anything. I wouldn't take the chance. I'ld put the airbox on for the trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts