Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on much lately but I found out my secure job isn't so secure after all. The facility I work at is being shut down in 10 months.

If I can't find a new job by then I may have to sell my IE. :(

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Sorry to hear:ugh:!
Hang in there...still have almost a year...lot of things can happen.
Best!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Don't be fatalistic about it. You have time and it's important to concentrate on making positive changes. It's like driving. If you stare at the tree, you're going to hit it. My fingers are crossed for you.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,796 Posts
What business are you in? Maybe a shout out here can land you something somewhere else well before you lose your job.

·
Banned
863 Posts
I know that is not a good feeling. You have time to look. Have a positvie outlook and you will land another job, it will take some time.
Good news, at least you have a 10 month warning. Many don't have a 10 second warning.
Lots of luck to you.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
10 months is a long time...the job market typically only gets better as summer comes along

right now my business is extremely slow. im sitting at home all week...its not a good time of the year for many businesses...in a month or 2 it will be much busier

if there is an opportunity to start your own business that may be an option for you? alot of people are choosing this option because they cant find work any other way

sell your house, live in your Challenger?

good luck!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Best of luck man. Will keep you in my prayers. Hang in and stay focused.

-Rock

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I hope things turn around for you soon!
Enjoy her while you can in case, sometimes things happen for a reason. Either way good luck to you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Challenges and Challengers

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck out there. It is very tricky indeed finding a job that wont pull a fast one a few years after the employee has been hired.

Like HuggyTree, I work from home. However, I work at my mom's house so that makes it possible for me to generate income through a side business I operate. Times are currently slow for me also.... but progress is bound to pick up as spring starts to roll around.

Oh yeah... the last full-time job I was "let go" from was working for Safeway coorperate in Fall of 2006. Reason: Still Unknown The other part-time job I landed in 2007 working for QualxServ as a Dell service technician.. it was a joke. Since 2007; I began to work for myself.

Since then.... economy slumped but has been slowly picking up; even though it is currently starting to show good signs of rebounding.

I wish you the best when it comes to finding new employment. I hope things work out so you can still keep the Challenger.

-CupnBuckit

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I work in IT as a level 2 systems and network support tech. They offered me a possibility to relocate but I turned it down. I'm going to make good use of the 10 months and keep pumping out resumes. The IT field around here is saturated though. When I lost my IT Manager job in 2001 it took me 3 years to get back into the field again. I finally got there got promoted up then back to square one again. argh!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Thanks guys. I work in IT as a level 2 systems and network support tech. They offered me a possibility to relocate but I turned it down. I'm going to make good use of the 10 months and keep pumping out resumes. The IT field around here is saturated though. When I lost my IT Manager job in 2001 it took me 3 years to get back into the field again. I finally got there got promoted up then back to square one again. argh!

if your area is saturated i would have thought harder on the relocate idea...

relocate your family or lose your Challenger....hard choice

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
There are lots of IT jobs here in Utah. They call it the 2nd silicon valley.

As far as losing your car--just do whatever is right for you. I kind of know how you feel--sort of: "it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all".. you at least have your 392. I'm still waiting for the right time to be able to buy my 392, so still in the "never" category...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Dump the wheels now while the price is still relatively high
& the condition is perfect or trade down to something more
appropriate for your future employment situation.

You can always buy another Chally even another IE down the road
or the 2013 version that will have a 426 hemi & even nicer interior.

Either way good luck !

·
Registered
675 Posts
I haven't been on much lately but I found out my secure job isn't so secure after all. The facility I work at is being shut down in 10 months.

If I can't find a new job by then I may have to sell my IE. :(

Dude 10months is a long time,I lost my job in NY Sept/2010 got an offer in Miami, FL 12/2010 and I only knew about it a week before hand. You now have a window to job hunt, im sure you can secure something.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey Man when one door closes Another one opens Hang in there!!

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news, If you decide you want to relocate, the jobs and economy is better up here in Alaska.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got my degree in Information Technology with a specialization in network administration from Central Washington University in 2006. Since I have graduated; it has been very frusterating to find a job that compliments my educational background. It is taking me 4+ years to even think of plan in order to somehow get back into the IT field again myself. I believe California is saturated with professionals and it is very easy to find employees, but very difficult to find employers. Good luck Upgrayedd! I hope everything works out ok.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts