Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
992 Posts
No problem with my driveway but have scraped the splitter several times at business entrances, curbs, and loading the car on the trailer. It's easy to remove the scrapes straighten the spoiler with a DA sander, looks good as new. When it gets chewed up enough I'll just purchase a new one, well uner $200 last I checked.

Reactions: marpow

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
it doesn't even look steep 🤷‍♂️

It's about a 20 degree incline, it gets even steeper to the left of that angle. t's a little deceptive from that camera angle.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Put it down, drive over it, then put it back in the bushes for next time - better than dragging your car up the driveway every time...
Even if I had bushes near the bottom of the driveway that seems like a lot of work :)

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Old-school trick... Back-in. :geek:
Yes, this is what I'd do. I'm guessing that there would be no problem. BTW... Love the WB.

So, if your driveway is that jacked up, I'd put the splitters back on. Put some foam/velcro on the insides to protect your guard.

Sometimes you got to go with function over fashion.

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
888 Posts
I chuckle at this. Who cares what some guys on here think about your car. If you dont mind the guard, put it on. Out in public away from all the experts here ive seen as many positive comments on them as negative. I think it looks ok with green or black but terrible with red and blue. But again thats just this old mans opinion. Remember theres guys on here that like red lettered tires and even color matching rims. Id rather have the guard then some hokey blue wheels and red lettered tires. Bottom line is most of us bought these cars because we dont like what "normal" cars most drive. Most of us mod them to suit our tastes. I dont do it to make my car appeal to you. These posts like with the sunroof posts with everyone trying to think there cooler because they dont have them are ridiculous. One thing for sure is if you take it off stick it up in the attic, my guess is 50 years from now when everything is electric and hellcats are collectors the highest dollar ones will have that oem guard on them because there so hard to find.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
284 Posts
If you put them back on, and you post any pictures in the future Photoshop them out so other people won't razz you about what you did to your own car! :p

Before I got on this site I thought the ones I saw looked kind of cool to be honest. Understand why people are against them now, but I still like the look.

·
Premium Member
2021 Challenger RT Shaker 5.7 Hemi
37 Posts
I thought I was going to keep my yellow chin guards on my Challenger and read a couple posts, decided to get rid of it and others where right, nothing wrong but is definitely a dirt/sand collector and I could see the eventual scraping of the chin guard under the yellow plastic was going to happen.
The posts on this thread recommending changing the entry of driveway with the rubber mats, posts 10 and 18 are the way to go. There is a street close to my house and a lot of driveways have them because of the up and down of the driveway.
In regards to my own chin spoiler, I was thinking of adding a carbon fiber, just because they look cool.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I chuckle at this. Who cares what some guys on here think about your car. If you dont mind the guard, put it on. Out in public away from all the experts here ive seen as many positive comments on them as negative. I think it looks ok with green or black but terrible with red and blue. But again thats just this old mans opinion. Remember theres guys on here that like red lettered tires and even color matching rims. Id rather have the guard then some hokey blue wheels and red lettered tires. Bottom line is most of us bought these cars because we dont like what "normal" cars most drive. Most of us mod them to suit our tastes. I dont do it to make my car appeal to you. These posts like with the sunroof posts with everyone trying to think there cooler because they dont have them are ridiculous. One thing for sure is if you take it off stick it up in the attic, my guess is 50 years from now when everything is electric and hellcats are collectors the highest dollar ones will have that oem guard on them because there so hard to find.
The purpose of the guard is to protect the splitter from damage during loading and unloading. Dealers are supposed to remove them after unloading at the dealership. Leaving them on is a potential road hazard, as they can fall-off via turbulence. If you can't live without them, make sure they are securely fastened. Check them regularly. Not only do they interfere with the intended purpose of the splitter, they also cause damage to the surface. Into the trash they go!

No one thinks they're cool because they choose not to have a moonroof (not sunroof) on a performance vehicle. We choose a solid top, because we're aware of the risk involved with a glass roof. As someone who has seen (first hand) what happens when a person is thrown half-way out of a moonroof during a roll-over, it would go like this... 1. Puke! 2. Shock! 3. You will likely think; I will never own a vehicle with a moonroof.

The Europeans got it right early-on. (y)
Grille Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
888 Posts
The purpose of the guard is to protect the splitter from damage during loading and unloading. Dealers are supposed to remove them after unloading at the dealership. Leaving them on is a potential road hazard, as they can fall-off via turbulence. If you can't live without them, make sure they are securely fastened. Check them regularly. Not only do they interfere with the intended purpose of the splitter, they also cause damage to the surface. Into the trash they go!

No one thinks they're cool because they choose not to have a moonroof (not sunroof) on a performance vehicle. We choose a solid top, because we're aware of the risk involved with a glass roof. As someone who has seen (first hand) what happens when a person is thrown half-way out of a moonroof during a roll-over, it would go like this... 1. Puke! 2. Shock! 3. You will likely think; I will never own a vehicle with a moonroof.

The Europeans got it right early-on. (y)
View attachment 1033208
with that train of thought id have to guess you have a certified roll cage in your car too. I rolled over one time. In a 77 chev short box pickup. it rolled over 3 times and ended up upright with me in the box. Apparently on the last roll i went through the back window. So with that thinking it must happen all the time so pickups shouldnt have back windows. THOUSANDS have survived roll overs in sunroof and t top cars and my guess is the roof of at least a sunroom car is actually stronger and less likely to collapse then a non sunroof car due to the track adding support. We can put all the bs aside with the simple fact that our controlling government that wants to put all of us in knee pads and helmets when we leave the house lets them pass crash tests. If they were truly dangerous they wouldnt be on the street. Anyone killed because there head popped out of a sunroof would have died when his head hit the roof and broke his neck or crushed his skull anyway. This is the kind of nonsense that people use to pretend there smarter for not having a sunroof. Just silliness. Actually one of the lamest attempts.

·
Registered
749 Posts
with that train of thought id have to guess you have a certified roll cage in your car too. I rolled over one time. In a 77 chev short box pickup. it rolled over 3 times and ended up upright with me in the box. Apparently on the last roll i went through the back window. So with that thinking it must happen all the time so pickups shouldnt have back windows. THOUSANDS have survived roll overs in sunroof and t top cars and my guess is the roof of at least a sunroom car is actually stronger and less likely to collapse then a non sunroof car due to the track adding support. We can put all the bs aside with the simple fact that our controlling government that wants to put all of us in knee pads and helmets when we leave the house lets them pass crash tests. If they were truly dangerous they wouldnt be on the street. Anyone killed because there head popped out of a sunroof would have died when his head hit the roof and broke his neck or crushed his skull anyway. This is the kind of nonsense that people use to pretend there smarter for not having a sunroof. Just silliness. Actually one of the lamest attempts.
Mouth Sleeve Gesture Comfort Thumb

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sunroof is heavier, takes away headroom, & is another place that could eventually leak.
Most people aren't going to actually use it so there is no point in paying for it.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts