Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
894 Posts
Sunroof is heavier, takes away headroom, & is another place that could eventually leak.
Most people aren't going to actually use it so there is no point in paying for it.
5'9" with plenty of room. If the weight means the difference in winning a race so be it but how many here actually race??? If you do and your worried about a 100lbs then take out your back seat. I live in Northern Michigan and we use ours all the time. Probably because we only drive it when its nice out. Mines a 2011 and doesnt leak a drop. As to paying for it id bet most of us bought off the lot and had no control over the options on the car. So for the most part it isnt a decision other then if you actually pass on a car because of it. Thats where this silliness comes from. Guys bought then without them and feel they need to bash them because of it. You dont see guys with sunroofs trying to make guys who do feel like there stupid for not having one.

Same thing with the stick vs auto crap. I have a stick and am the first to admit an auto is better in every way and I sure wouldnt have passed on my car if it was an auto. But you have the stick guys claiming you loose the "EXPERIENCE"!! Tell me that a hellcat or even a 1320 or scat is boring with an auto when you have the peddle pinned. Mostly that crap comes from people who bought there car off the lot and it just happened to be a stick and MAYBE 10 percent of them really have some experience with them (other them maybe something like a prius)

Now we have the yellow guard argument. Some wet behind the ear kids that have had that have been driving for MAYBE 10 years and most likely driving there first v8 trying to be judge and jury as to whats cool on a muscle car. Its almost comical. They dont hurt a thing. The dont fall off going down the road or dodge would take them off the minute they hit the ground off the truck. Heck theyd be nervous about them falling off ON the truck. If you like the look who cares what someone else says. Especially some keyboard commando that probably drives a v6 that a couple years ago thought a 4 cyl honda with a 4 inch exhaust pipe looked cool.

Want my pet peave? (i know you dont:D) Most of us bought challengers (and ill throw in mustangs and camaros too) because they look cool. Why? Because they look retro like a car from the 60s and 70s. Then they throw on a set of black rims that no self respecting guy in the 70s would have on a station wagon. Back then they ask you why you spray painted your cheap wheels. But thats my opinion and i dont go to threads on here and bash everyones car that has black rims. I pretend to be cooler because mine are chrome.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I would paint it pink and then put if on. Flaming pink will really be eye catching and put a lovely smile on people's faces. That's what you want, right? To make people smile at your car?

·
Registered
767 Posts
5'9" with plenty of room. If the weight means the difference in winning a race so be it but how many here actually race??? If you do and your worried about a 100lbs then take out your back seat. I live in Northern Michigan and we use ours all the time. Probably because we only drive it when its nice out. Mines a 2011 and doesnt leak a drop. As to paying for it id bet most of us bought off the lot and had no control over the options on the car. So for the most part it isnt a decision other then if you actually pass on a car because of it. Thats where this silliness comes from. Guys bought then without them and feel they need to bash them because of it. You dont see guys with sunroofs trying to make guys who do feel like there stupid for not having one.

Same thing with the stick vs auto crap. I have a stick and am the first to admit an auto is better in every way and I sure wouldnt have passed on my car if it was an auto. But you have the stick guys claiming you loose the "EXPERIENCE"!! Tell me that a hellcat or even a 1320 or scat is boring with an auto when you have the peddle pinned. Mostly that crap comes from people who bought there car off the lot and it just happened to be a stick and MAYBE 10 percent of them really have some experience with them (other them maybe something like a prius)

Now we have the yellow guard argument. Some wet behind the ear kids that have had that have been driving for MAYBE 10 years and most likely driving there first v8 trying to be judge and jury as to whats cool on a muscle car. Its almost comical. They dont hurt a thing. The dont fall off going down the road or dodge would take them off the minute they hit the ground off the truck. Heck theyd be nervous about them falling off ON the truck. If you like the look who cares what someone else says. Especially some keyboard commando that probably drives a v6 that a couple years ago thought a 4 cyl honda with a 4 inch exhaust pipe looked cool.

Want my pet peave? (i know you dont:D) Most of us bought challengers (and ill throw in mustangs and camaros too) because they look cool. Why? Because they look retro like a car from the 60s and 70s. Then they throw on a set of black rims that no self respecting guy in the 70s would have on a station wagon. Back then they ask you why you spray painted your cheap wheels. But thats my opinion and i dont go to threads on here and bash everyones car that has black rims. I pretend to be cooler because mine are chrome.
I've got this...
Gesture Font Circle Symbol Logo

·
Registered
261 Posts
Is there a market for these lip protectors? I have the smaller ones plus the one for the wide body scat pack. I'm thinking about just selling them and cleaning up my garage

·
Registered
516 Posts
Is there a market for these lip protectors? I have the smaller ones plus the one for the wide body scat pack. I'm thinking about just selling them and cleaning up my garage
Yes, unfortunately there is. You can even find them now on amazon in different colors :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
1,012 Posts
Actually, if I had a set of those protecters, I would put them away and save them. If you look in restoration books at prices people are paying for reproduction hang tags etc for older cars, there might be a market for them in the future. My brother and I have joked about getting a backhoe and digging up the gully that is full of factory parts from our old muscle cars. Some of that stuff we threw away would be worth some money but it has been covered by about 100 tons of dirt.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
722 Posts
Actually, if I had a set of those protecters, I would put them away and save them. If you look in restoration books at prices people are paying for reproduction hang tags etc for older cars, there might be a market for them in the future. My brother and I have joked about getting a backhoe and digging up the gully that is full of factory parts from our old muscle cars. Some of that stuff we threw away would be worth some money but it has been covered by about 100 tons of dirt.
I too used to throw away some parts that had no value to me at the time. Stock HP exhaust and intake manifolds, cams and valve gear in particular. Whoever plows the old home place will find plenty of iron in the soil. Before I got back into Dodges, I had an '04 Mustang Mach 1 that I bought new. A friend told me that I ought to keep it because it would be a collectors item eventually. I told him that maybe so, but not likely in my lifetime. That is how I see these current Challengers. To me, they are the best retro cars available, but I intend to use mine every chance I get. I'll let the future owners worry about collector car status.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
My car was delivered yesterday and when I checked the trunk I found this in there with the bolts. I don't want to be that guy but I might have to put it back on.

Turns out there is about 1mm of clearance coming in and out of my driveway and you have to find it just right otherwise the spoiler rubs. View attachment 1033149

The angle at which I turn into my driveway causes the left rear wheel to come off the ground and spin freely as I'm pulling it. I'll post a picture of that later. :mad:
My driveway does the same thing. I have to back in to prevent the rubbing. The thought of reinstalling that hideous guard never crossed my mind. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Yonko

·
Registered
767 Posts
I too used to throw away some parts that had no value to me at the time. Stock HP exhaust and intake manifolds, cams and valve gear in particular. Whoever plows the old home place will find plenty of iron in the soil. Before I got back into Dodges, I had an '04 Mustang Mach 1 that I bought new. A friend told me that I ought to keep it because it would be a collectors item eventually. I told him that maybe so, but not likely in my lifetime. That is how I see these current Challengers. To me, they are the best retro cars available, but I intend to use mine every chance I get. I'll let the future owners worry about collector car status.
I see that you're also a fan of a color-matched shaker. :)(y)

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
722 Posts
Yeah, I always liked the color matching Shakers that were originally planned for the '70 model year E bodies. That didn't last long, they switched to black scoops to prevent sunlight glaring, and I suspect to save some money. The color matching Shaker and trim ring just really looks right to me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I always wished Dodge went with color matched shakers on the Challengers but after getting mine I think the black works perfectly with the Smoke Show and all the black trim.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
id fix the driveway long before i drove around with a clown colored chin guard on my car... those yellow guards also damage the air dam finish after a period of time.

if you really need to protect the air dam zl1 makes a kit that blends in with the car to help keep the damage to a minimum. i have it on my car just as insurance but so far i have not hit anything with it.

Challenger 18-21 Widebody Splitter Guards – ZL1 Addons
Here's how they look installed.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

41 - 60 of 60 Posts