Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really don't want to do it, but unfortunately circumstances change, and I think it's time. Anyone have recommendations on where to sell a 2016 Scat Pack B5 Blue? Has anyone traded one in and got decent value compared to KBB? I hate dealing with the people on Craigslist, but not sure where else I can post.

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
Really don't want to do it, but unfortunately circumstances change, and I think it's time. Anyone have recommendations on where to sell a 2016 Scat Pack B5 Blue? Has anyone traded one in and got decent value compared to KBB? I hate dealing with the people on Craigslist, but not sure where else I can post.
Try Auto trader.I have had good luck there selling cars/trucks.You have to pay a small fee but IMHO worth it.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I took my Hellcat into the dealer for a road hazard tire warranty last Saturday. My trade in a 2016 Scatpack,Torered,6M was traded back in and sitting on the front line. 14K miles. Asking 36K. I thought it was a little high? I think they gave me 34 on trade 16 mos ago.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Autotrader, local Facebook Flea Markets. I even went old school and ran an ad in the local paper and taped For Sale signs in the window so it's seen every where I drive it.

And something to think about. The Hurricane will probably destroy thousands of automobiles. Marketing locally in the Carolinas (after everyone is home safe and sound and putting their lives back together), you might be able to get in on insurance claim money where people need to replace their lost cars.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Try www.vroom.com they tend to be higher than most dealers. Might not be quite as high as a private party sale, but will avoid tire kickers.
They offered me 31k for my 2016 SP 6 speed with 7,700 miles on it. Rough trade in value was 33k. Needless to say I passed and placed an ad on autotrader. Still hasn't sold. My car is immaculate.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Try Auto trader.I have had good luck there selling cars/trucks.You have to pay a small fee but IMHO worth it.
I second this. For a $30k vehicle the listing fee is inconsequential to get in front of this many eyeballs. I've had great success with AutoTrader; sold a 300C and and an Audi A4 via the site.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
They offered me 31k for my 2016 SP 6 speed with 7,700 miles on it. Rough trade in value was 33k. Needless to say I passed and placed an ad on autotrader. Still hasn't sold. My car is immaculate.

you can get more than that (31) on kbb instant offer...site unseen.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Give Carmax a shot. I’ve heard mixed stories about what they offer for trade in. If it’s something they can sell on the lot (like your car is) they usually give a decent offer. They’ll also buy your car, even if you don’t buy one from them.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Yeah, they offered me $32,418 for it.

If you take it to that dealer...you can probably eek another grand out of it especially if its a puff....Being there is a ca be a powerful tool. The reason I had a clue of the value is cause i've been hellcat hunting.. :lol:

good luck!

Reactions: Upstate 392
1 - 12 of 12 Posts