Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I keep using my car as a daily driver I'm probably going to have 100,000 miles. How many miles can I expect to get out of it before I see a performance decrease because of sludge build up and wear?

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
I'm about to hit 50,000 pretty soon, and shes still running like a champ. *Knock on wood* lol

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm about to hit 50,000 pretty soon, and shes still running like a champ. *Knock on wood* lol
Yeah I've got a little over 50,000 now and its running as good as ever I'm just worried after she gets over 100,000 I'm going to see some decrease in power but I guess that will just be an excuse to drop a 426 stroker in it lol.

·
Super Moderator
14,212 Posts
If you take good care of your engine (e.g., frequent oil changes) and don't abuse it, it should last 200,000 miles. You can determine if you lost any power by drag strip time slips or compression checks.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
My four cylinder car (that my son's been using for the last two years) has close to 200,000 miles. Two years ago I changed the timing belt and adjusted the valve rockers. I couldn't believe how clean it was inside. There was no sign of sludge anywhere. I never noticed any loss of power either.

Today's oils are much better than what we used 30 years ago. Now I always changed the oil every 3,500 to 4,000 miles, so maybe that helped too. I've always used regular, non-synthetic oil. And I always use the same oil (Castrol GTX). Maybe mixing different brands causes sludging. :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts