Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Vendor
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Memorial day coming up, I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we can see and say THANK YOU to all the service members of this site, active or retired.
It takes a special person to risk their lives everyday so that I don't have to. Every night I get to come home, have dinner with, play with, and tuck my children into bed. So many of the things we take for granted everyday, you guys miss out on. So from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU for serving, so that I don't have to.
To keep this thread alive and rolling I would like to offer a Free BARTON shifter to one of our service members on this site. Any active or retired military that has bought a shifter in the past, or buys one up until memorial day, will be eligible to win. So post up in here and let us know who you are, we will choose at random on May 27th the winner and issue them a full refund for their shifter.
Let us know who you are, branch, active, retired, years serving or served, where your stationed, anything you would like to share with us.

THANK YOU,
Dave
Barton Industries - Home - Cincinnatus, NY

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I work with our military folks as a contractor every day for over 20 years. They are awesome folks, and I have nothing but the highest respect for our military members.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Master Sergeant USAF Retired '87-'08. Lived in Syracuse and stationed at Griffiss AFB for last assignment.

Didn't realize your company was Upstate as well! I'll admit that I don't miss the snow..

Thanks for the good words and thanks to all the Vets in this great country!!!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Retired active duty USAF Master Sergeant (83-09).
Independent Duty Medical Technican (IDMT)
Stationed in Tx (two tours), IL (two Tours), Korea, Central America, Afghanistan
Deployed for numerous humanitatian medical deployments including Katrina response
Flight medic on C-9A Nightingales transporting returning casualties to definitive treatment during Desert Shield/Storm

Basically I had the honor to help thousands of my fellow brother and sisters in arms, their families, and civilians over an awesome 26 year career.
I appreciate citizens thanks but consider myself blessed for the opportunity to serve America and her people

·
Registered
573 Posts
Master Sergeant USAF Retired '87-'08. Lived in Syracuse and stationed at Griffiss AFB for last assignment.

Didn't realize your company was Upstate as well! I'll admit that I don't miss the snow..

Thanks for the good words and thanks to all the Vets in this great country!!!
Sergeant USAF 1967 - -1971
It was an honor to have served my country.:):)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
10,049 Posts
What a great idea, who better deserves a offer like this than one of our military members.
It would be awesome if other vendors did something similar.
Good job Barton Industries.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Staff Sergeant (E5), USAF
1966-'70
Airframe repair
B-52H, 19th Bomb Wing, Homestead AFB (Same BUFF's that are flying today)
SR-71, 9th SRW, Beale AFB and Kadena Okinawa

Viet-Nam saved my life. Went in an drunken, hell raising jerk and came out with a trade and a life.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'll keep it going; 25 years Active US Army.
Desert Shield / Desert Storm
OIF (Iraq) 2 trips
OEF (Afghanistan) 2 trips
Pentagon (4 years) <--- true combat tour
25 years active, still serving last 6 years a Army Civilian.
HOOAH!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Nice gesture on Bartons part. A young kid saw me wearing my Army hat and said "Thank you for your service." Always feels good to be recognized for something that most young people won't even consider today. I joined Nov.11th 1981 (Veterans Day) at 17 years old and was first Military Police, then Flight Operations coordinator and then made the big jump to OCS and became a huey pilot. Never regretted a minute.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Awesome thread, OP.

Retired MSGT USAF 1977-2000
A7, F4, A10, F117, F15 Strike Eagle, C130 gun ship.
Loaded weapons on fighter aircraft. Outstanding 23yr career.
Judging from the airframes you've worked I have to ask since we may have crossed paths. Were you in the 4450th Tactical Group Nellis 1981-1985?

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
To the OP, thank you for this post, and a HUGE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE to all active, former active, and retired military members.

Electronics Technician First Class, Submarines
2001-Present
Been all over on SSN Fast Attacks, SSBN Trident Nuclear missile carriers, and the new SSGN guided missile submarine platforms. Cant share WHAT or WHERE, but its been a rewarding career so far.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thank you for your service all, having a brother serve a few tours overseas, I know the toll it takes on the soldier and his/her family

1 - 20 of 167 Posts